Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 07 September 2023
This post contains the current affairs for 07 September 2023. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and RBI Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Labour and Employment Shri Bhupender Yadav distributed the awards of Swachh Vayu Sarvekshan 2023 in Bhopal ,Madhya Pradesh on September 07, 2023, on the occasion of International Day of Clean Air for blue skies.
- Winners are mentioned below
- Category I – (Million plus population)
- Category II – (3-10 lakhs population)
- Category III – (less than 3 lakhs population)
- Kala Amb
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated Sanchi Nagar, in the Raisen district of Madhya Pradesh as the first solar city of India.
- Sanchi Nagar is a World Heritage town. In the programme, an agreement was signed between the state department of renewable energy and IIT Kanpur to make Sanchi a net zero city.
- Sanchi Solar City will reduce the emissions of more than 14,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually, which is equivalent to more than 238,000 trees.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 20th ASEAN-India Summit and the 18th East Asia Summit (EAS) in Jakarta, Indonesia on 7 September 2023.
- The summit was held on the sidelines of the 43rd ASEAN Summit 2023.
- The theme of ASEAN Summit in 2023 is ‘ASEAN Matters: Epicentrum of Growth.
- At the ASEAN-India Summit, Prime Minister presented a 12-point proposal for strengthening India – ASEAN cooperation.
NPCI launched India’s First Contactless Payment Wearable Ring “OTG Ring” in collaboration with LivQuik
- NPCI has unveiled the “OTG Ring” which is the first contactless payment wearable ring made in India, in collaboration with Indian startup LivQuik.
- “OTG Ring” can be enabled for National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) customers and used for various open-loop transit programs.
- The Japanese space agency, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) launched its moon -lander mission SLIM (Smart Lander for Investigating Moon) on September 07, 2023. The mission is nicknamed as Moon Sniper.
- The spacecraft took off aboard H-IIA rocket from Tanegashima Space Center in southern Japan.
- The mission is expected to touch down on the lunar surface by February 2024.
- The overall cost of the mission is estimated to be $100-million.
- If Japan succeeds in landing its SLIM spacecraft, it shall become only the fifth country in the world to do so.
- Apart from this, the H-IIA rocket also carried X-Ray Imaging and Spectroscopy Mission (XRISM), a research satellite meant for astronomical observations. It has been developed by the NASA, the European Space Agency and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).
- The Indian Army is participating in the ‘Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23’, which is the largest ever joint military exercise in Middle East & North Africa region.
- The first edition of the Exercise was conducted in the year 1980 in Egypt.
- Indian Army contingent comprising of 137 personnel is participating with INS Sumedha in the exercise.
- The exercise has been organised at Mohammed Naguib Military Base in Egypt from 31 August to 14 September 2023.
- Overall 34 countries are participating in the 2023 edition of the multinational Tri-Services military exercise.
- The joint military exercise will be led by US CENTCOM and Egyptian Army.
- Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23 will provide opportunity to Indian Army to share best practices and experiences with other armies for enhancing overall defence cooperation.
- Praveena Aanjna has won the Miss International India 2023 title during the Miss Divine Beauty 2023 final held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi on August 26.
- She won the title from among 16 finalists.
- The 24-year-old Praveena Aanjna is a chartered accountant by profession.
- She hails from Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Aanjna will now represent India at the 61st edition of Miss International 2023 in Japan in October.
- Noted Hindustani classical vocalist Malini Rajurkar, passed away at the age of 82 years.
- She was very popular for her ‘tappa’ style of music. Tappa is a captivating form of Indian semi-classical vocal music known for its fast-paced and intricate melodies.
- The International Day of Clean Air for blue skies is observed globally on September 07 to promote and facilitate actions to improve air quality..
- The inaugural edition of the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies was held in 2020.
- The theme for 4th International Day of Clean Air for blue skies (Swachh Vayu Diwas 2023) is “Together for Clean Air”
- It is a UN recognised day which aims to raise public awareness at all levels (individual, community, corporate and government) that clean air is important for health, productivity, the economy and the environment.
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted the Resolution to hold an International Day of Clean Air for blue skies on December 19, 2019, during its 74th session and invited the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).