One Liner Current Affairs- PIB and Newspapers
(13 February 2022 to 19 February 2022)
In recent banking exams, IBPS has been asking questions in the GA section directly by picking important single lines from PIB and Newspapers like economic times. So to prepare students for such questions we have started this series of One Liner Current Affairs from PIB and newspapers. This post contains current affairs in the form of one-liners from 13 February 2022 to 19 February 2022.
You can also watch our youtube video on this post for a detailed explanation. The link is at the end of this post.
- Maharashtra’s Health Minister Rajesh Tope announced that “Hope Express“ will be launched in the state to prevent cancer. Read More
- He also launched a state-of-the-art Mosaic-3D radiation machine at a private hospital in Kolhapur (Maharashtra). This is the first such machine in India.
- MG Motor India launches a digital car exploration platform named- “MG eXpert“. Read More
- India, Australia, and Singapore come together to address marine pollution with a focus on plastic debris. Read More
- East Asia Summit (EAS) is the premier forum for discussions on important strategic issues in the Indo-Pacific. It has 18 members. In 2022 the 17th East Asia Summit will be held at Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- National Health Authority (NHA) is mandated with the implementation of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri – Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY). Read More
- AB PM-JAY provides health assurance of up to Rs. 5 Lakhs per family per year, for secondary and tertiary care-related hospitalizations.
- The 10.74 Crore beneficiary families under AB PM-JAY have been identified from the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) of 2011 basis 6 deprivation and 11 occupational criteria across rural and urban areas, respectively.
- Hero FinCorp has become the first Indian company to raise a secured overnight financing rate (SOFR)-linked syndicated loan. Read More
- It has raised $350 million (about Rs 2,631 crore).
- SOFR is a new international benchmark that has come into existence to replace the London Interbank Offered Rate or LIBOR from January 1.
- RailTel has won the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) award for excellence in financial reporting for the year 2020-21 in Public Sector Entities Category (category “plaque”). Read More
- CMD of RailTel- Puneet Chawla
- Govt makes three-point seat belts mandatory for all front-facing passengers in car. Read More
- Krishi Network ropes in actor Pankaj Tripathi as Brand ambassador. Read More
- Krishi Network has been founded by IIT Kharagpur alumni. It provides relevant information to farmers to clear their doubts on a variety of issues and help them generate better income.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) aims to reduce the turnaround time for disbursement of loan from three months to 72 hours though digitalisation. Read More
- RapiPay has raised $15 million in funding to launch a new-age digital banking super app – NYE. Read More
- Karur Vysya Bank partners with the Chennai-based UNANU Technologies for digital freight finance to fund transport contractors. Read More
- The National Pension Scheme (NPS) has seven fund managers.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) identifies 14 products for India to clock $1 trillion merchandise exports by 2030. Read More
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) bans 54 more Chinese Apps citing privacy and security risk. Read More
- Meity used its powers under Section 69a of the Information Technology Act, 2000 to enforce the latest order.
- Cult.fit acquires a majority stake in Gold Gym (F2 Fun & Fitness). Gold Gym is the second largest fitness chain in India.
- B2B company ElasticRun turns Unicorn, Bags $ 330 million. It claims itself as India’s only rural b2b eCommerce platform.
- IndiGo Co-founder Rakesh Gangwal has stepped down from the board of Interglobe Aviation.
- Devasthal is an observatory in the district of Nainital in Uttarakhand. Read More
- 100 Districts In The Country Become ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Under Jal Jeevan Mission. Chamba, an Aspirational District of Himachal Pradesh has become the 100th ‘Har Ghar Jal’ District. Read More
- Jal Jeevan Mission recently touched the milestone of providing tap water supply to more than 9 Crore homes on 16th February, 2022
- Govt aims to provide clean tap water to every home in the country by 2024