Daily Current Affairs 17 June 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 17 June 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 17 June 2019
Rajnath Singh Constitutes Committee for Revising Pension Under OROP
- In order to equalise the pensions of retired soldiers under the One Rank One Pension (OROP) formula, the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has set up a committee to work out the modalities and methodology of the implementation of the next revision of pension under OROP.
- The committee will be headed by Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA) and will have representatives of all three armed forces.
- Equalisation of pensions means the pension of defence personnel who retire now will be passed to all the past pensioners of the same class (same rank with same length of service).
Amazon India’s most attractive employer brand: Randstad Survey
- Amazon India is the most attractive employer brand in India as per the Randstad Employer Brand Research (REBR) 2019.
- Amazon is followed by Microsoft India and Sony India at 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Others in the top 10 most-attractive employer brands in India for 2019 include Mercedes-Benz at 4th position, IBM (5th), Larsen & Toubro (6th), Nestle (7th), Infosys (8th), Samsung (9th) and Dell (10th).
Fitch Rating predicts India’s growth at 6.6% in FY20
- Fitch Rating has predicted India’s GDP growth rate at 6.6% in FY20 (2019-20) and at 7.1% in FY21 (2020-21).
Inger Andersen of Denmark Takes Over as Head of UN Environment Programme
- Danish economist and environmentalist Inger Andersen has been sworn in as the Executive Director of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) with effect from June 15, 2019 for a period of four-year term.
- She succeeds Joyce Msuya, of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- UNEP Headquarter- Nairobi, Kenya
Joshna Chinappa and Mahesh Mangaoker Clinches Senior National Squash Championship
- The top seed Joshna Chinappa outplayed her Tamil Nadu rival Sunayna Kuruvilla in the summit clash of the 76th Senior National Squash Championship in Pune to claim women singles title.
- This was her record 17th time winning the title. She has broken the long-standing milestone set by Bhuvneshwari Kumari who won the title 16 consecutive times from 1977 to 1992.
- In the men’s category, top seed Mahesh Mangaonkar outplayed second-seeded Abhishek Pradhan to emerge as champion.
World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought: 17 June
- The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is a United Nations recognized day observed on June 17 each year to raise awareness of the presence of desertification and drought, and highlight methods of preventing desertification and recovering from drought.
- 2019 Theme- Let’s Grow the Future Together (Reflecting on 25 years of progress and envisaging to the next 25).