Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 05 September 2023
This post contains the current affairs for 05 September 2023. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and RBI Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) has achieved the milestone of providing tap water connections to 13 Crore rural households on September 05, 2023.
- Jal Jeevan Mission was launched on 15th August, 2019. It is a mission under Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- As on date, 6 States namely Goa, Telangana, Haryana, Gujarat, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh) and 3 UTs – Puducherry, D&D and D&NH and A&N Islands, have reported 100% coverage.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) is planning to implement one-hour trade settlement by March 2024 as announced by SEBI chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch.
- In January 2023, India moved to T+1 settlement (trade plus one day) against T+2 settlement earlier.
- Further SEBI plans to bring into effect real-time settlement by the second half of the financial year FY25.
IREDA signs MoUs with Union Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to co-finance Renewable Energy projects
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) has signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with Union Bank of India (UBI) and Bank of Baroda (BoB), on September 5, 2023.
- Under this, IREDA will collaborate with Union Bank of India (UBI) and Bank of Baroda (BoB), in co-lending and loan syndication for a wide range of renewable energy projects, including both established and emerging RE technologies.
- CMD of IREDA- Shri Pradip Kumar Das.
- Hitachi Payment Services has announced the launch of India’s first-ever UPI-ATM named Hitachi Money Spot UPI ATM in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). It is a White Label ATM (WLA)
- A UPI-ATM allows users to withdraw cash from multiple accounts using the United Payments Interface (UPI) app. This ATM will also allow users the option for cardless cash withdrawals, eliminating the need for physical cards.
- Hitachi Payment Services is a subsidiary of Japan-based Hitachi Ltd, on Tuesday. Hitachi Payment Services is the only White Label ATM operator to offer a cash deposit facility.
- Fintech firm Paytm has unveiled ‘Card Soundbox’, an innovative device that will enable merchants to accept both mobile and card payments across networks.
- The Paytm Card Soundbox is India’s first Soundbox that will also accept contactless card payments.
- The device is equipped with a built-in ‘tap and pay’ functionality, which will allow merchants to accept card payments of up to ₹5,000.
- Soundbox is a device that provides instant audio alerts on amounts paid to merchants through an inbuilt speaker.
- Elon Musk-owned SpaceX has set a new launch record, when the company sent 21 of its Starlink internet satellites to orbit on September 03, 2023.
- The launch took place atop a Falcon 9 rocket from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- It was the 62nd orbital mission of SpaceX in 2023, breaking its own orbital launch record for most flights in a year.
- In 2022, SpaceX launched 61 orbital missions for the full year.
- The Ministry of Education presents the National Teachers Awards on the occasion of Teachers’ Day every year to acknowledge and encourage extraordinary and meritorious efforts of teachers from across the length and breadth of the country for their excellent and unique contributions.
- In 2023, the President of India, Droupadi Murmu will confer National Awards on 75 teachers from across the country.
- They include 50 School Teachers, 13 teachers from Higher education and 12 teachers from Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
- For Complete list of awardees of National Teachers Awards 2023 click here
- In India, the Teachers’ Day is celebrated every year on September 05 since 1962.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, an Indian philosopher, academic, and statesman, who defined the role of the teacher as someone who acts not only as an educator but also as a moral mentor and inculcates values among students.
- He was the second President of India (1962 to 1967) and the first Vice President of India (1952–1962).
- The International Day of Charity is observed annually on September 05. It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012.
- September 5 was chosen in order to commemorate the death anniversary of Mother Teresa, who had always been engaged in charitable work.
- The prime purpose of the International Day of Charity is to raise awareness and provide a common platform for charity related activities all over the world for individuals, charitable, philanthropic and volunteer organizations for their own purposes on the local, national, regional and international level.