Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 04 September 2023
This post contains the current affairs for 04 September 2023. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and RBI Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Government constitutes 8-member committee to examine ‘One nation, One election’: Head- Ram Nath Kovind
- Law Ministry has constituted an 8-member committee to examine ‘One nation, One election’. This committee will be chaired by Ram Nath Kovind.
- The seven other members are- seven other members which includes Home Minister Amit Shah, Senior Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Ghulam Nabi Azad, NK Singh, Subhash C. Kashyap, Harish Salve and Sanjay Kothari.
- The committee will examine and recommend specific amendments to the Constitution, the Representation of the People Act and any other laws and rules which would require amendments for the purpose of holding simultaneous elections.
- Ministry of Education, Ministry Skill Development & Entrepreneurship along with Meta have launched a 3-year partnership “Education to Entrepreneurship: Empowering a generation of students, educators and entrepreneurs”. It was launched by Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Under this partnership, 5 lakh entrepreneurs will get access to digital marketing skills by Meta over the next 3 years. In the initial stage, the budding and existing entrepreneurs will be trained in digital marketing skills using Meta platforms in 7 regional languages.
- For this, 3 Letters of Intent (LoI) were exchanged between Meta and National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD), AICTE and CBSE.
- Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has launched “Adopt a Heritage 2.0” programme on 4th September 2023 at Samvet Auditorium, IGNCA, New Delhi. The programme is a revamped version of the earlier scheme launched in 2017
- Under this programme, corporate stakeholders can apply to adopt a monument or specific amenities at a monument to enhance the amenities at the monuments by utilizing their CSR funds. These corporate stake holders will be selected after proper due diligence.
- The term of the appointment will be for a period of five years initially, which may be further extended up to five years.
- Launch of App: ASI also launched, ‘Indian Heritage’ app. The app will showcase the heritage monuments of India. and will feature state-wise details of monuments along with photographs, list of public amenities available, a geo-tagged location and feedback mechanism for citizens.
- Indian-origin Tharman Shanmugaratnam has been elected as the ninth president of Singapore. He is a distinguished economist, and became the third Indian-origin person to head Singapore. The elected president serves a six-year term.
- Tharman beat Ng Kok Song and Tan Kin Lian bagging over 70 per cent votes in the first contested presidential election since 2011.
- Incumbent President Halimah Yacob’s six-year term will end on September 13, 2023.
- Technology industry body, National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) has appointed Rajesh Nambiar as its chairperson. He is the Chairman and Managing Director of Cognizant India.
- Nasscom is the premier trade body and chamber of commerce of the tech industry in India and consists of over 3,000 member companies.
- Formula One (F1) World Champion Max Verstappen [Red Bull – Netherlands] has won the 2023 Italian Grand Prix held on 03 September 2023. This was his record 10th straight win.
- Sergio Perez came second while Carlos Sainz came third.
- Divya Deshmukh, India’s 17-year-old Chess Woman Grandmaster from Maharashtra, has won the women’s title in the rapid section of the Tata Steel Chess India tournament.
- Divya won all the three rounds of the tournament, which was held at the National Library in Kolkata on September 01, 2023.
- Deshmukh finished on top with 7 points, followed by the world champion Ju Wenjun of China with 6.5 points and Russia’s Polina Shuvalova on 5.5 points.
- The Kolkata club Mohun Bagan Super Giant defeated East Bengal FC by 1-0 to win the 2023 Durand Cup.
- It was the 132nd edition of Durand Cup, the oldest football tournament in Asia.
- This was the 17th Durand Cup title won by Mohun Bagan Super Giant and the first since 2000.
- India has won the Men’s Hockey5s Asia Cup 2023 by defeating Pakistan in the final match. Mor Mandeep was the captain of team India.
- The event was held in Salalah, Oman. With the win, India has booked their place in the FIH Men’s Hockey5s World Cup 2024. It will be held in Muscat.
- N Valarmathi, an ISRO scientist, who was the voice behind the countdown for the recent Chandrayaan-3 mission, has passed away due to hear attack. She was 64.
- Valarmathi had been responsible for the countdowns for numerous launches by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- She was the project director for the remote sensing RISAT-1 project in 2012.