Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 02 & 03 September 2023
This post contains the current affairs for 02 & 03 September 2023. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and RBI Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
- ISRO successfully launched its Solar mission Aditya L1 (PSLV C-57) from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on September 02, 2023.
- Aditya-L1 is a satellite dedicated to the comprehensive study of the Sun. The spacecraft carries seven payloads to observe the photosphere, chromosphere and the outermost layers of the Sun (the corona) using electromagnetic and particle and magnetic field detectors, all seven are developed indigenously. Five by ISRO and two by Indian academic institutes in collaboration with ISRO.
- Aditya in Sanskrit means the Sun. L1 here refers to Lagrange Point 1 of the Sun-Earth system. L1 is a location in space where the gravitational forces of two celestial bodies, such as the Sun and Earth, are in equilibrium. This allows an object placed there to remain relatively stable with respect to both celestial bodies.
- Following its scheduled launch on September 2, 2023, Aditya-L1 stays Earth-bound orbits for 16 days, during which it undergoes 5 maneuvres to gain the necessary velocity for its journey.
- Aditya-L1 will stay approximately 1.5 million km away from Earth, directed towards the Sun, which is about 1% of the Earth-Sun distance. The Sun is a giant sphere of gas and Aditya-L1 would study the outer atmosphere of the Sun. Aditya-L1 will neither land on the Sun nor approach the Sun any closer.
- Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya M Scindia inaugurated Utkela Airport owned by the Government of Odisha.
- It has been developed as a regional airport under the UDAN scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India at a cost of Rs. 31.07 Cr.
- He also inaugurated a direct flight between Utkela and Bhubaneshwar that will be operated by IndiaOne.
- Nagaland has become the first State in the North Eastern Region to initiate Aadhaar Linked Birth Registration (ALBR).
- Nagaland aims to streamline birth registration by integrating Aadhaar enrolment for children in the age group of 0 to 5 years.
- Nagaland has collaborated with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as a Registrar cum Enrolment Agency for Child Enrolment via the ALBR process.
- CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) has signed 95 advance pricing agreements (APA) in 2022-23, the highest ever in any financial year since its launch in 2012.
- CBDT also signed 32 Bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (BAPAs) in FY 2022-23 being the maximum number of BAPAs in any financial year till date.
- The Advance Pricing Agreement (APA) programme of CBDT is one of its foremost initiatives for promoting an investor-friendly and non-adversarial tax regime in India.
- The Competition of Commission of India (CCI) has approved the merger of Tata SIA Airlines (Vistara) into Air India, and the acquisition of certain shareholding by Singapore Airlines in Air India.
- Tata SIA Airlines (TSAL )which operates under the brand name “Vistara”, is a joint venture between TSPL (an investment holding company) and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA). TSPL and SIA holding 51% and 49% of the total shareholding, respectively.
- The proposed combination envisages
- (a) the merger of Tata SIA Airlines Limited (TSAL/Vistara) into Air India Limited (AIL/Air India), with AIL being the surviving entity (Merged Entity) and
- (b) in consideration of the merger, the acquisition of shares in the Merged Entity by Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) and Tata Sons Private Limited (TSPL) and
- (c) acquisition of additional shares in the Merged Entity by SIA pursuant to a preferential allotment.
- Governor of Georgia Brian Kemp has declared October as ‘Hindu Heritage’ month.
- This declaration highlights the intention to celebrate Hindu heritage by emphasizing its rich culture and the diverse spiritual traditions that originate from India
The Ramon Magsaysay Award 2023 has been bestowed on the following 04 individuals:
|R., Ravi Kannan||INDIA||He has revolutionized cancer treatment in Assam through people-centered and pro-poor programs.|
|Coronel-Ferrer, Miriam||PHILIPPINES||A Filipino peace negotiator who championed inclusivity and women’s participation in peace-building.|
|Lemos, Eugenio||TIMOR-LESTE||A Timorese who safeguards the environment and indigenous culture of Timor-Leste, paving the way for a sustainable and independent food supply.|
|Rakshand, Korvi||BANGLADESH||A Bangladeshi who champions inclusive quality education and promotes a culture of active participation amongst his country’s youths.|
The Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s premier prize and highest honor, recognizes greatness of spirit shown in selfless service to the peoples of Asia.
- Uday Kotak, the founder of Kotak Mahindra Bank has resigned as the Managing Director (MD) and CEO with effect from September 1, 2023. His tenure as MD and CEO was to end on December 31, 2023.
- Dipak Gupta, the Joint Managing Director, will carry out the duties of the MD & CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank until December 31, 2023, subject to approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- R Madhavan has been appointed as the president of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Society and chairperson of the governing council by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB).
- The tenure of former president director Shekhar Kapur ended on 3 March, 2023.
- The FTII Society is headed by the FTII chairperson and has 12 nominees, of whom eight are nominated under the ‘Persons of Eminence’ category while four are FTII alumnus.
- Former Zimbabwe cricket captain Heath Streak passed away at the age of 49 years.
- He is the only cricketer from Zimbabwe to achieve the feat of taking 100 Test wickets and scoring 1000 Test runs.
- Former Indian international umpire Piloo Reporter has passed away due to cerebral contusions issue. He was 84.
- Piloo Reporter was part of the first pair of neutral umpires to stand in international cricket.
- He along with fellow Indian VK Ramaswamy, stood in the Lahore Test between Pakistan and West Indies in November 1986, making it the first instance of neutral umpires standing in international cricket.
- Besides, Reporter was also one of the umpires for the 1992 World Cup.
- World Coconut Day is celebrated every year on September 2 to promote the importance of coconuts and their contributions to various aspects of life, including the economy, agriculture, and health.
- The theme for World Coconut Day 2023 is ‘Coconuts: Transforming Lives’.
- The day was first celebrated in 2009 by the Asian and Pacific Coconut Community (APCC). September 2 was chosen because it is the anniversary of the establishment of the APCC in 1969.