Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 01 September 2023
This post contains the current affairs for 01 September 2023. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and RBI Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
- Smt. Jaya Varma Sinha has been appointed as the new Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Railway Board (Ministry of Railways) w.e.f Sept 01, 2023. She has replaced AK Lahoti.
- She is the first woman to be appointed to this Apex post of Indian Railways.
Banking and Economy
- Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, has earned an “A+” grade in the Global Finance Central Banker Report Cards 2023.
- The Bank Governors who earned an “A+” grade in the Global Finance Central Banker Report Cards 2023 are:
- Shri Shaktikanta Das, India (Reserve Bank of India)
- Thomas J. Jordan, Switzerland (Swiss National Bank)
- Nguyen Thi Hong, Vietnam (State Bank of Vietnam)
- The Central Banker Report Cards is published annually by Global Finance since 1994 and it grades the central bank governors of 101 key countries. Grades are based on a scale from A to F for success in inflation control, economic growth goals, currency stability and interest rate management.
- Rating agency, Nomura has made the following projections of GDP growth rate of India
- for FY24 (2023-24): 5.9%. Earlier it was 5.5%.
- for FY25 (2024-25) GDP: 5.6%. Earlier it was 6.5%
- Chief Economic Advisor V Anantha Nageswaran has said the economy is expected to grow at 6.5 per cent in the current year i.e. FY2023-24.
- India recorded economic growth of 7.8 per cent in the April-June quarter of 2023-24 against 13.1 per cent in the year-ago period.
- Moody’s Investors Service has made the following projections for India’s GDP growth rate:
- for Calendar Year 2023= 6.7% (Earlier it was 5.5%)
- for Calendar Year 2024= 6.1% (Earlier it was 6.5%)
- Morgan Stanley has projected India’s GDP growth for FY24 (2023-24) at 6.4%. Earlier it was 6.2%
- BofA economists have projected India’s GDP growth for FY24 (2023-24) at 6.3%. Earlier it was 6.5%.
- ‘International Aerospace Conference: Moving Towards Inclusive Global Value Chains’ is being jointly organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 1st and 2nd September 2023 in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- Shri Jyotiraditya M Scindia, Union Minister for Civil Aviation & Steel today inaugurated the event.
- The International Aerospace Conference is a G20 initiative in the aerospace sector under G20 and B20 priority, focusing on developing inclusive global value chains for Global trade and Investment.
- Ministry of Education will organise a literacy week from 1st September to 8th September 2023 to celebrate International Literacy Day and to create awareness among all citizens about the ULLAS- Nav Bharat Saaksharta Karyakram.
- ULLAS (Understanding of Lifelong Learning for All in Society) of Nav Bharat Saksharta Karyakram was launched by the Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan on 29.07.2023 in New Delhi during the celebration of 3rd anniversary of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- International Literacy Day is celebrated on 8 September.