Current Affairs Revision Quiz – Set 89
This post contains current affairs quiz for the revision of candidates appearing for upcoming bank exams. Click on the submit button at the end of the quiz to check your score.
- Which state’s Chief Minister has launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme‘?
The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme‘ in Dehradun. The scheme is aimed to provide incentives benefiting around 53,000 people of Uttarakhand. The state government is targeting to spend INR 444.62 crore to open 500 milk sales centres in Uttarakhand.
- Which river basin is associated with the haiderpur wetland?
The Haiderpur Wetland abutting the Madhya Ganga barrage, about 10 km from Bijnor in western Uttar Pradesh, has been recognised under the 1971 Ramsar Convention on Wetlands, bringing the total number of such designated areas in the country to 47. Uttar Pradesh is now home to 9 Ramsar wetlands.
- International Mountain Day is observed globally on ________
nternational Mountain Day is observed globally on December 11 every year.
- What is the rank of India in the “World Talent Ranking Report 2021” published by IMD World Competitive Centre?
World Talent Ranking report 2021: India ranked 56th; Switzerland retained top spot. IMD World Competitive Centre published its “World Talent Ranking Report” on December 9, 2021.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the head of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)?
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Catherine Russell as the head of UN children’s agency UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund.
- Every year, UNICEF Day is observed on ________.
UNICEF Day is observed on December 11 every year, to spread awareness on saving children’s lives, defending their rights and helping them fulfil their potential from childhood to adolescence.
- Name India’s first privately developed fully cryogenic rocket engine, which has been successfully test-fired by Skyroot Aerospace, Hyderabad.
Skyroot Aerospace, a space technology startup based in Hyderabad, has successfully test-fired Dhawan-1, India’s first privately developed fully cryogenic rocket engine.
- Which company has partnered with the Ministry of Civil Aviation to promote regional air connectivity through the UDAN scheme?
MakeMyTrip partnered with the Ministry of Civil Aviation to promote regional air connectivity through the UDAN scheme. MakeMyTrip will now power UDAN flights on the ‘AirSewa portal’ and market them on its platform to promote its services.
- Sananta Tanty passed away recently. He was a/an ____________.
Sahitya Akademi Award-winning, Eminent Assamese poet Sananta Tanty has passed away due to cancer in New Delhi.
- Army chief observes military exercise ‘Dakshin Shakti’ in ________.
Army chief General, M M Naravane has observed the military exercise ‘Dakshin Shakti’ being held here with the Army and the Air Force taking part in it. The exercise began in the deserts of Jaisalmer.
- Kazhuveli wetland has been declared as the 16th Bird Sanctuary of which of the following state?
The Kazhuveli wetland situated in Villupuram district of Tamil Nadu has been declared as the 16th Bird Sanctuary
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched a 100-day Reading Campaign named __________.
Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will launch 100-day Reading Campaign ‘Padhe Bharat’. The reading campaign aims to have participation of all stakeholders at national and state level including children, teachers, parents, community and educational administrators.Children studying in Balvatika to grade eight will be part of this campaign.
- “Pakke Tiger Reserve” is situated in which Indian state ?
- Malampuzha Dam is located in which part of India ?
- India won the Cricket Under-19 Asia Cup by defeating which team in December 2021?
India lifted the Under-19 Asia Cup by defeating Sri Lanka by nine wickets in a rain-interrupted One-Day International final in Dubai through Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method. India won a record-extending eighth Asia Cup in the nine years that the competition has been played in.