Current Affairs Quiz 22 April 2023: This post contains Questions/Quiz based on the Current Affairs and Important News of 22 April 2023. These questions have been framed keeping in mind the pattern of banking and competitive exams and hence this current affairs quiz will be helpful for upcoming competitive exams. Give our online current affairs test every day to be prepared for all Current Affairs competitive exams
Read Current Affairs for 22 April 2023: Click Here
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation launched which version of Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) UDAN in April 2023?
A) UDAN 5.0
B) UDAN 4.0
C) UDAN 3.0
D) UDAN 2.0
Explanation: The Ministry of Civil Aviation launched the fifth round of the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) UDAN 5.0 on April 21, 2023.
- ISRO recently launched the TeLEOS-2 earth observation satellite on PSLV rocket. The satellite belongs to which country?
Explanation: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully placed two Singapore satellites into the intended orbit recently for earth observation. The primary satellite among the two was TeLEOS-2 and the co-passenger satellite was Lumelite-4.
- Which company has recently surpassed HDFC in terms of market capitalisation to become the 7th largest company in India?
Explanation: ITC Limited has surpassed HDFC to become the seventh largest company in India on the basis of market capitalisation, on April 21, 2023. Currently, Reliance Industries is India’s most valued company with a market capitalisation of ₹15.89 lakh crore.
- What is the rank of India in the World Bank’s Logistic Performance Index 2023?
Explanation: India has been ranked at 38th position among 139 countries in the World Bank’s Logistic Performance Index 2023, which is a measure of countries’ ability to move goods across borders with speed and reliability. India has improved its ranking by 6 places, than its previous rank of 44 in 2018.
- Which country has topped the World Bank’s Logistic Performance Index 2023?
Explanation: Singapore has topped the index. It is followed by Finland at second position.
- The world’s largest cyber defence exercise named ‘Locked Shields-2023’ was conducted by which alliance recently?
Explanation: NATO conducted the world’s largest cyber defence exercise named ‘Locked Shields-2023’ in Tallinn, Estonia from April 18 to April 21, 2023.
- Name the winner of World Press Photo of the Year award for 2023?
A) Anthony Suau
B) Evgeniy Maloletka
C) Spencer Platt
D) Tim Hetherington
Explanation: Ukrainian journalist and photographer, Evgeniy Maloletka, from the Associated Press has won the World Press Photo of the Year award for 2023.
- The book titled ‘Crosscourt’ is the autobiography of which sports person?
A) Zeeshan Ali
B) Naresh Kumar
C) Ramesh Krishnan
D) Jaidip Mukerjea
Explanation: Legendary Indian tennis player Jaidip Mukerjea has come out with his autobiography titled “Crosscourt”.
- Which day of the year is marked as the International Mother Earth Day?
A) April 22
B) April 21
C) April 20
D) April 19
Explanation: International Mother Earth Day (also referred as World Earth Day) is celebrated every year on 22 April to raise awareness about the need to safeguard the environment.
- The 2023 theme for the International Mother Earth Day is ___________
A) Climate Action
B) Restore our Earth
C) Invest in Our Planet
D) Protect Our Species
Explanation: The theme of 2023 International Mother Earth Day is “Invest in Our Planet”.