Daily Current Affairs – 30 April 2023
This post contains the current affairs for 30 April 2023. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Centre launches revamped CGTMSE Scheme with additional Rs 9,000 cr corpus
- Union Minister for MSME, Shri Narayan Rane recently launched the revamped CGTMSE Scheme in Mumbai.
- CGTMSE stands for Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises.
- The government has announced an additional corpus of ₹9,000 crore in the Union Budget for FY 2023-24 to revamp CGTMSE.
- This will provide guarantee for additional ₹2 lakh crore to Micro & Small Enterprises.
- The ceiling limit for availing credit guarantee for CGTMSE has been increased to Rs. 500 lakh per borrower from Rs. 200 lakh.
- The threshold limit for claim settlement without initiation of legal action has been increased from ₹5 lakh to ₹10 lakh.
- Read more here
PM Modi addresses 100th Man Ki Baat Radio Broadcast
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the historic 100th episode of his popular monthly radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on April 30, 2023.
- To celebrate this landmark achievement, the 100th episode of the show was broadcast live from the United Nations headquarters in New York as well.
- During the programme, he described the show as “Prasad Ki Thaal” (offering to God) and said that it has become a “spiritual journey” for him.
- The “Mann Ki Baat,” programme is hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the last Sunday of every month at 11 am on the entire All India Radio (AIR) and Doordarshan (DD) network.
- It was first aired on October 3, 2014.
- The ‘Mann Ki Baat’ addresses the people of the country on different issues. Till date, the program has covered a wide range of topics such as weather, environment, cleanliness, various social issues, and even examinations.
- The program has been translated into 23 Indian languages and 29 dialects.
India to Host 23rd SCO Leaders Summit in July 2023
- India is set to host the 23rd edition of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit on July 3-4, 2023 in New Delhi.
- The theme of India’s Chairmanship of SCO in 2023 is ‘SECURE-SCO’.
- The 22nd edition of the SCO Summit was held in September 2022 in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- The SCO is an intergovernmental organization established in 2001. The members of the bloc includes India, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Telangana hosts inaugural Food Conclave at Hyderabad
- The first edition of the Food Conclave-2023 was hosted by the Telangana government on April 28 and 29, 2023 at Hyderabad.
- The conclave was inaugurated by the state IT and Industries Minister KT Rama Rao. The state government also announced that Food Conclave will become an annual event from now.
- As a part of this conclave, the Telangana Agriculture Minister S Niranjan Reddy launched a Grand Challenge for Innovation to promote innovation in the food processing sector.
- Over 100 top agri-food industry leaders from across the country attended the conclave to engage in intense network meetings to discuss key challenges and opportunities for the growth of the Indian agri-food sector.
- At the Food Conclave- 2023, 27 companies made an investment commitments, totaling to Rs.7217.95, which will provide direct and indirect employment opportunities of 58,458.
Government appoints BARC Director A K Mohanty as new Atomic Energy Commission Chairman & Secretary of Dept of Atomic Energy
- Renowned physicist Ajit Kumar Mohanty has been appointed as the Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and the Secretary of the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Mohanty succeeds K N Vyas.
- He has been appointed for a tenure up to the age of 66 years i.e. till October 10, 2025 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- He is the Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) since March 2019.
Bank of Baroda names Debadatta Chand as new MD & CEO
- Debadatta Chand has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bank of Baroda..
- He has been appointed for a period of three years with effect from July 2023.
- Prior to this, Debadatta served as the Executive Director of the bank.
- He succeeds Sanjiv Chadha, whose tenure will end on June 30, 2023.
Rajneesh Karnatak takes charge as MD & CEO of Bank of India
- Rajneesh Karnatak has been appointed as the MD & CEO of the Bank of India (BOI) with effect from April 29, 2023.
- Prior to this, Karnatak was the Executive Director at the Union Bank of India.
- He has been appointed for a term of three years.
- He replaces Atanu Kumar Das, whose term came to an end in January 2023.
Centre appoints Siddhartha Mohanty as LIC chairperson till June 2024
- The Indian Government has approved the appointment of Siddhartha Mohanty as Chairperson of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) till June 29, 2024.
- Before this, Mohanty was to superannuate as LIC CEO and MD in June 2025.
- He took over as interim chairman of LIC in March 2023 for three months.
- Mohanty is one of the four managing directors at LIC.
- Before joining LIC as MD, Mohanty was serving as MD and chief executive officer of LIC Housing Finance – one of the largest mortgage financiers in the country.
Noted historian Ranajit Guha passes away at 100
- The eminent Indian historian Ranajit Guha has passed away due to old age-related ailments. He was 100.
- He was born on May 23, 1923 at Barisal in present-day Bangladesh. His family later shifted to Kolkata in 1934, where he started practising as an advocate in the Calcutta High Court.
- Guha was the oldest living historian in the country.
- He had immense interest in the intellectual history and literature of Bengal.
International Jazz Day 2023: 30 April
- The International Jazz Day is celebrated on 30 April every year to highlight the importance of jazz and its diplomatic role of uniting people in all corners of the globe.
- This Day was declared by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in 2011.
- The 2023 celebration marks 12th Anniversary of International Jazz Day.
- The day was created on the idea of jazz pianist and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock.
Click Here For Daily Current Affairs