Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 16 April 2022
This post contains the current affairs for 16 April 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation, a 200-bed K K Patel Super Speciality Hospital in Bhuj in Kutch district of Gujarat, via video-conferencing on April 15, 2022.
- This hospital has been built by Shree Kutchi Leva Patel Samaj, Bhuj and is the first charitable super speciality hospital in Kutch region.
- It will guarantee quality medical treatment for people of Kutch including lakhs of soldiers, par military personnel and traders.
- This initiative is in line with the policy of Central government to set up at least one medical college in every district of the country, so that India gets a record number of doctors in the next 10 years.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has announced a scheme named ‘Him Prahari’.
- The new scheme has been launched for ex-servicemen and youngsters and is aimed at stopping the migration of people from the state.
- The scheme will focus on areas where migration occurs at a rapid phase, especially the districts which have international borders.
- The state government will provide all necessary assistance to ex-servicemen and the youth, so that people stay put, and not move out.
- The scheme will be implemented with the help of Centre Government.
- The 20th edition of India and France Joint Staff talks was held in Paris on April 12-13, 2022.
- The focus of the meeting was on new initiatives under the existing bilateral defence cooperation mechanism and strengthening ongoing bilateral defence engagements.
- The meeting was co-chaired by Assistant Chief of Integrated Staff and Air Vice Marshal B Manikantan and Head of Bilateral Cooperation South/Staff HQ Brigadier General Eric Peltier.
- The India-France Joint Staff talks forum has been established to enhance defence cooperation between both nations through regular talks at the strategic and operational levels.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras for technology development and finding indigenous solutions towards the sustenance of various weapon systems.
- The partnership will significantly contribute in accelerating IAF’s indigenisation efforts towards enhancing sustenance capability, obsolescence management and achieving ‘Self Reliance’.
- Israel successfully tested a new laser missile-defence system ‘Iron Beam‘ which can destroy any airborne object including drones.
- Iron Beam is the world’s first energy-based weapons system that uses a laser beam to shoot down incoming UAVs, rockets, mortars, long range missiles, anti-tank missiles etc.
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches digital platform ‘Kotak FYN’ for Business Banking and Corporate clients
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMBL) has launched its new enterprise portal ‘Kotak FYN’, exclusively for business banking and corporate clients.
- Using ‘Kotak FYN’ the bank’s customers can carry out all trade and services transactions, with a seamless experience in a unified view across all product platforms.
- FYN is future-ready, one stop digital corporate portal which will offer comprehensive digital banking and value–added services across all products, including trade & services, account services, payments and collections.
- India is the host nation for the Street Child Cricket World Cup 2023 (SCCWC 2023), a mixed gender cricket tournament for street-connected children and young people worldwide.
- The Tournament will be organised by Save the Children India (Bal Raksha Bharat) and Street Child United in September 2023.
- The 10-day event will see participation of 22 teams from 16 countries.
- SCCWC 2023 will be the second edition of the tournament.
- The inaugural edition was held in London/Cambridge in 2019, in which eight teams took part and Team India South emerged victorious after beating hosts England.
- SCCWC is a global platform that gives street children an opportunity to connect, share their experiences and present their demand of human rights to the world.
- In Badminton, India’s Mithun Manjunath lost to Toma Junior Popov of France, 21-11, 21-19, in the finals of the Orleans Masters 2022 to settle for a silver medal.
- This was the first-ever BWF Super 100 final match played by Mithun Manjunath.
- List of Winners
- Men’s Single – Toma Junior Popov (France) beat Mithun Manjunath (India)
- Women’s Single – Putri Kusuma Wardani (Indonesia) beat Iris Wang (USA)
- Men’s Double – Ruben Jille and Ties van der Lecq (Netherlands)
- Women’s Double – Gabriela Stoeva and Stefani Stoeva (Bulgaria)
- Mixed Double – Terry Hee and Tan Wei Han (Singapore)
- Save the Elephant Day is celebrated on April 16 every year to raise awareness about the dangers elephants face and various difficulties they have to overcome to live.
- The Day is established by Thailand-based Elephant Reintroduction Foundation, to spread awareness among the general people about the significance and consequences of their actions, or inactions on the future of elephants.
- According to WWF data, at present the population of Pachyderms in India is around 20,000 to 25,000.
- The World Voice Day (WVD) is celebrated globally on April 16 every year to demonstrate the enormous importance of the voice in the daily lives of all people.
- The theme of 2022 is Lift Your Voice.