Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 03 August 2022
This post contains the current affairs for 03 August 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
- India has achieved a landmark milestone, as the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, has recognized more than 75,000 startups in the country.
- This achievement has been achieved in a period of just six years and also coincides with the 75th year of independence of India.
- Of the total recognized startups, around 12% belongs to IT services, 9% to Healthcare and Life Sciences, 7% to education, 5% to professional and commercial services and 5% to agriculture.
- About 49% startups are from Tier II & Tier III.
- The vision for new India was envisioned by PM Modi during the 15th August 2015 speech.
- The program to lay out an action plan to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and startups in the country was laid on January 16, 2016.
- By 2022, the action plan has guided India to become the 3rd largest ecosystem.
Banking & Economy
RBI’s Financial Inclusion Index for March 2022 rises to 56.4, reflecting growth across all parameters
- The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Financial Inclusion Index (FI-Index) in March 2022 stood at 56.4.
- The FI-index in March 2021 was 53.9.
- In March 2022, the growth has been witnessed across all parameters.
- Know more about RBI’s Financial Inclusion Index Here..
- President Droupadi Murmu has appointed Suresh N. Patel as the Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) of India with effect from August 03, 2022.
- The post was lying vacant since past one year.
- Before this, Mr Patel was the Vigilance Commissioner of India and had been working as the acting CVC since June 2022, replacing Sanjay Kothari.
- Currently the two Vigilance Commissioners of India are Shri Praveen Kumar Srivastava and Shri Arvinda Kumar.
- The Indian badminton team has claimed the silver medal in the mixed group match of the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- Indian badminton mixed team lost 1-3 against Malaysia to settle for silver.
- Meanwhile, Singapore beat England 3-0 to claim the bronze medal.
- Indian Men’s Single event was represented by Kidambi Srikanth
- Indian Women’s Single event was represented by PV Sindhu
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty represented men’s double event
- P Gayatri Gopichand and Treesa Jolly represented women’s double event.
- The Indian Table Tennis Men’s Team has won Gold medal for the country as they beat Singapore 3-1 in the final at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
- It’s the second consecutive Gold medal for India in Men’s Table Tennis Team event after previous win in CWG 2018 in GoldCoast .
- Indian Table Tennis Men’s Team comprised of Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai and Sanil Shetty.
- The Indian team of lawn bowls has created historic moment at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham after they won Gold medal in women’s fours event, by beating South Africa, 17-10 in the finals.
- This is the first-ever medal won by India in lawn bowls event at CWG.
- The women’s fours team comprised of skipper Rupa Rani Tirkey, Lovely Choubey, Pinki and Nayanmoni Saikia.
- With this, India has claimed overall 10 medals so far and the fourth gold medal at the ongoing Games.
- Indian weightlifter Vikas Thakur won the silver medal in the men’s 96kg category event at 2022 CWG Birmingham.
- Vikas lifted a total weight of 346kg(155kg Snatch and 199kg Clean and Jerk) to finish second.
- This is overall third Commonwealth Games medal for Vikas Thakur. He earlier won silver in Glasgow 2014 and bronze in Gold Coast 2018.
- Samoa’s Don Opeloge lifter 381kg (171kg+210kg) to claim gold.
- Fiji’s Taniela Tuisuva Rainibogi won bronze with a total of 343kg (155kg+188kg).