One Liner Current Affairs- PIB and Newspapers
(6 February 2022 to 12 February 2022)
In recent banking exams, IBPS has been asking questions in the GA section directly by picking important single lines from PIB and Newspapers like economic times. So to prepare students for such questions we have started this series of One Liner Current Affairs from PIB and newspapers. This post contains current affairs in the form of one-liners from 6 February 2022 to 12 February 2022.
You can also watch our youtube video on this post for a detailed explanation. The link is at the end of this post.
- Indian Cricket team becomes the first team to play 1,000 One Day International matches. The match was played against West Indies on February 6, 2022, at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad. Read More.
- Uttar Pradesh becomes the first state to administer 25 crore Covid vaccine doses. Read More.
- Government to use committee route (through a Search-cum-Selection Committee) for appointment of Chairman of ONGC. Under normal circumstances, PESB selects the board members of Public sector companies. Read More
- The Public Enterprises Selection Board [P.E.S.B] was set up with the objective of evolving a sound managerial policy for the Central Public Sector Enterprises and, in particular, to advise Government on appointments to their top management posts.
- Present Chairperson- Smt MALLIKA SRINIVASAN.
- Head of Panel appointed by Supreme Court on PM Modi’s security breach in Punjab- SC judge Indu Malhotra. Read More
- The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)– is a subsidiary body of the U.N. General Assembly responsible for helping to facilitate international trade and investment. Headquarters location: Vienna, Austria. Read More
- Multiple developed countries conform to a UN convention on international trade law called UNCITRAL that has uniform rules for insolvency. The object of the convention is that these nations will recognise insolvency proceedings in each other’s jurisdictions on an equal footing.
- Pine Labs, a digital payments and financial services provider has announced the acquisition of Mumbai-based online payments startup Qfix Infocomm for an undisclosed sum. Read More
- Gautam Adani surpasses Mukesh Ambani as Asia’s richest person according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Read More
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) releases a framework for conversion of a private listed Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) into a public InvIT. Read More
- minimum sponsor(s) contribution for the public issue of units will be either to the extent of 15 per cent of the units issued through the public issue or 15 per cent of the post-issue capital.
- Government bans import of drones- Import policy for drones in CBU (Completely Built Up)/CKD (Completely Knocked Down)/SKD (Semi Knocked Down ) form… is prohibited with exceptions provided for R and D, defence and security purposes. Read more
- Meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee (RBI) – Rescheduled- under Section 45ZI(4) of the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934. Read More
- Now generate your Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) number from your Aarogya Setu App. The National Health Authority (NHA) under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) announced integration with Aarogya Setu. Read more
- ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) is a 14 digit unique number
- SOFR- Secured Overnight financing rate. Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) is a secured interbank overnight interest rate and reference rate established as an alternative to LIBOR.
- Was in news in Economic times paper of 12 Feb 2022 under the headline of “Indian Oil looks to raise $600m SOFR-linked Syndicated Loan”
- FB Messenger rolls out Split Payments facility.
- Indian Railway Protection Force has launched a nationwide operation to curb human trafficking. As part of “Operation AAHT”, special teams will be deployed on all long-distance trains/routes with a focus on rescuing victims, particularly women and children, from the clutches of traffickers.