Gogabeel lake in Bihar declared state’s first ‘Community Reserve’
- Gogabeel, an ox-bow lake in Bihar, has been declared as the state’s first ‘Community Reserve’. It is located in the Katihar district of Bihar.
- Gogabeel is formed from the flow of the rivers Mahananda and Kankhar in the north and the Ganga in the south and east. It is the fifteenth Protected Area (PA) in Bihar.
- The water body was notified as a 57 hectare Community Reserve and a 30-hectare ‘Conservation Reserve’.
Points to remember:
- The Gogabeel is located in which state?
- Gogabeel is formed by which rivers?- Mahananda and Kankhar
- Gogabeel has become the first ‘Community Reserve’ of which state?