Daily Current Affairs 13 August 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 13 August 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 13 August 2019
India’s First Clinical Ecotoxicology Facility Unveiled at AIIMS, Delhi
- In a first-of-its-kind initiative, a clinical ecotoxicology facility has been inaugurated at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi.
- The facility will help to investigate the increasing number of diseases resulting from exposure to environmental toxins contaminating water, food and air as well as act as a nodal point for diagnostic and research services to all the clinical departments dealing with diseases due to ecotoxicity.
Karnataka launches “E-Step” initiative to empower student start-ups
- The Karnataka Government has launched “E-Step” initiative to empower student start-ups. The initiative has been launched by The Department of IT, BT and S&T in Karnataka, through Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS).
- Under the E-Step initiative boot camps, mentoring and training programmes will be organised which will cover various aspects of entrepreneurship. The programme is specially crafted for students/start-ups/entrepreneurs to understand the basics of entrepreneurship from experienced trainers.
World’s First Museum on Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu Inaugurated in Kolkata
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated the world’s first museum on Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu at Baghbazare in Kolkata on August 13.
- The museum has been constructed by Baghbazar Gaudiya Mission. She also inaugurated a rooftop solar power plant at the location.
- Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was the 16th-century Bengali Hindu mystic and saint and the chief proponent of the Gaudiya Vaishnavism tradition within Hinduism.
India, Russia to boost ties to achieve $30 billion bilateral trade by 2025
- Commerce and Industry Minister, Piyush Goyal led a high-power delegation of Chief Ministers of Haryana, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Goa and about 140 Indian companies to Vladivostok, Russia from August 11-13, 2019.
- Goyal underlined the need to diversify and deepen trade links in priority sectors, in order to meet the trade target of USD 30 billion by 2025.
- It must be noted that the 5th Eastern Economic Forum will be held in September in Vladivostok, Russia, during which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the guest of honour.
Priyam Chatterjee becomes first Indian chef to receive French honour
- Priyam Chatterjee has become the first Indian chef to be awarded the ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mrite Agricoleto’ by the French Government. The Order of Agricultural Merit is an order of merit bestowed by the French Republic for outstanding contributions to agriculture.
- He has been awarded for his contribution towards reinventing the gastronomic scene in India. Priyam is known for revisiting the traditional dishes from his native state of West Bengal and giving it a French twist.
Satyarth Nayak Authors Book Titled ‘Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar’
- A new book on the life of cinema legend Sridevi has been announced to commemorate 56th birth anniversary of the great actress on August 13.
- The book titled Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar, has been written by author and screenwriter Satyarth Nayak and approved by the actress’s producer husband Boney Kapoor.
- The book will be published by Penguin Random House India in October 2019.
Aishwarya Pissay Becomes First Indian to Win a World Title in Motorsports
- India’s Aishwarya Pissay has won the FIM (Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme) Bajas World Cup Motorsports Championship in women’s category after the final round held at Varpalota in Hungary.
- With this, the Bengaluru based 23-year-old has become the first Indian to claim a world title in a motorsports championship. She also finished second in the FIM Junior category.
- The events were organised by International Motorcycling Federation, the governing body for motor racing in the world.
Women’s T20 cricket, beach volleyball & Para-table tennis included in 2022 Commonwealth Game
- Women’s Twenty20 cricket, beach volleyball and Para-table tennis have been included in the 2022 Commonwealth Game scheduled to be held in Birmingham, England.
- However, this time shooting and archery events will not take place in the 2022 Commonwealth Game.
- The last time cricket was played in Commonwealth Games was in the year 1998 that was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was 50 over men’s cricket in which South Africa won the Gold Medal.
International Lefthanders Day: August 13
- The International Left-Handers Day is marked on August 13 annually to celebrate the uniqueness and differences of the left-handers and raise awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of being left-handed in a predominantly right-handed world.
- The day was first observed in 1976 and was officially declared in 1997.
Former Additional Solicitor General Amarendra Sharan Passes Away
- Senior advocate and former Additional Solicitor General Amarendra Sharan passed away on after suffering heart attack. He was 69.
- Sharan was the Additional Solicitor General in the Supreme Court from 2004 to 2009.