Daily Current Affairs 11 August 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 11 August 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, Ibps, Sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 11 August 2019
3rd International Electric Vehicle Conclave held in Haryana
- 3rd International Electric Vehicle (EV) Conclave was held in Manesar, Gurugram. The Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Arjun Ram Meghwal, inaugurated the conclave.
- It was organized by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) in association with India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA).
- The Conclave was held to create a knowledge-sharing platform to ensure flow of information at all levels in the automotive sector.
Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh to Turn into Separate Union Territories on October 31, 2019
- President Ram Nath Kovind has given assent to the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019 for bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir and creation of two Union Territories namely Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- These two new UTs will come into existence on October 31, 2019.
- 31 October also marks the birth anniversary of Vallabhbhai Patel.
West Bengal top Indian State in 2018-19 in terms of GDP growth
- West Bengal has topped the list of states in India in terms of GDP growth rate in 2018-19 with a GDP growth rate of 12.58%.
- The data is as per the table on GDP growth of states in 2018-19 published by the ministry of statistics and programme implementation.
- West Bengal is followed by Andhra Pradesh at second with GDP growth rate of 11.02%, Bihar is at third with 10.53% followed by Telangana at 4th with 10.5%. Goa is at the bottom of the list with 0.47% GDP Growth rate.
US identifies 22 countries including India among major drug transit countries
- US President Donald Trump has designated India among the 22 major drug transit or illicit drug-producing countries.
- The countries identified in the list are Afghanistan, The Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Burma, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Laos, Mexico, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Peru and Venezuela.
Indian Army launches ‘Mission Reach Out’ in Jammu
- The Indian Army has launched “Mission Reach Out” in Jammu with an aim to ensure basic necessities and essential services in the region. This has been done to ensure that after provisions of Article 370 has been canceled and reorganization of Jammu and Kashmir there is no problem in daily needs for the people of the region.
- A high level “Mission Reach Out” conference to review the prevalent situation in the region was held in the Nagrota Military Station on Saturday which was chaired by White Knight Corps Commander Lt Gen Paramjit Singh
India’s first Corporate Credit Card for Startups and SMEs launched by EnKash
- Business-to-business payments startup EnKash has launched India’s first corporate credit card for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The card is named ‘Freedom Card’.
- The Freedom Card by EnKash would give SMEs and startups the facility to avail credit for immediate needs and to manage their liquidity.
9 year old, Elangbam Valentina Devi made Manipur green ambassador
- 9-year-old girl from Manipur, Elangbam Valentina Devi, has been made the brand ambassador of the Chief Minister’s Green Manipur Mission and all official tree-plantation activities taken up in the State.
- Recently a video surfaced over the internet in which Elangbam could be seen crying after few trees were cut due to the expansion of the road. Here love towards trees was recognized by the government and hence she has been chosen as the green ambassador of the state Manipur.
Anurag Adlakha appointed Chief Financial Officer at Yes Bank
- Anurag Adlakha has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer of Yes Bank.
- Anurag Adlakha will take over from Raj Ahuja, who will now take over as group chief strategy officer, responsible for leading the strategy, planning and projects function of the bank.
Book on Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’ released
- Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah has launched the book ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’ that is based on Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu’s two years in office. The book was launched in Chennai.
- The book gives a glimpse of his life after assuming the office of the Vice President of India. The book captures glimpses of the Vice President’s 330 public engagements across the country.
Sourabh Verma wins Hyderabad Open (Badminton)
- Indian Badminton champion Sourabh Verma has defeated Singapore’s Loh Kean Yew 21-13 14-21 21-16 to win the Hyderabad Open.
- The final event was held at Gachibowli Indoor Stadium, Hyderabad. Sourabh also won the Slovenian International in May 2019 recently.
Freedom fighter Dayanidhi Nayak passes away at 95
- Noted freedom fighter Dayanidhi Nayak passed away at the age of 95. He was a part of Quit India movement during the Britishers Rule.
- He was one of the 32 freedom fighters from Panimora. He joined the Quit India movement against the British government and was a devout follower of Mahatma Gandhi. He was the youngest freedom fighter from Panimora.