Roadmap for Banking of the Future
Daily Current Affairs – 08 & 09 September 2023
This post contains the current affairs for 08 & 09 September 2023. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and RBI Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Global Biofuel Alliance and India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor announced at 2023 G20 New Delhi Summit
- The 2023 G20 Leaders’ Summit began in New Delhi on September 09, 2023.
- The two day summit from 9 – 10 September 2023, is taking place in Bharat Mandapam International Exhibition-Convention Centre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- It is the 18th meeting of G20 (Group of Twenty), and for the first time G20 summit is being held in India as well as in South Asia.
- The Summit is chaired by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
- The theme of 2023 G20 Leaders’ Summit is One Earth, One Family, One Future
- Indonesia held the presidency in 2022.
- Two major global partnerships announced on Day 1 of the Summit under India’s presidency are:
- Global Biofuel Alliance (GBA)
- India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor
- Read more here
- The African Union (AU), has been formally included as a permanent member of the Group of 20 (G20), during the 18th G20 meeting 2023, being held in India on September 09 and 10, 2023. AU is a continental body of 55 member states.
- During the opening remarks at the summit on September 9, 2023, Prime Minister Modi invited the AU Chairperson and President of the Union of Comoros, Azali Assoumani, to take a seat at the table of G20 leaders as a permanent member representing AU.
- As of 2023, there are 21 members in the Group of 20 (G20).
- The Louisville city in the US state of Kentucky, has declared September 3 to be observed as Sanatana Dharma Day in the city.
- The Mayor of Louisville, Craig Greenberg attended a re-consecration ceremony at the Hindu Temple of Kentucky where his deputy Barbara Sexton Smith read out the official proclamation on September 3.
- International Literacy Day is observed annually on September 8 across the world to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals, communities and societies.
- The day was declared by UNESCO on 26 October 1966 at 14th session of UNESCO’s General conference. It was celebrated for the first time in 1967.
- The theme of the International Literacy Day in 2023 is ‘Promoting literacy for a world in transition: Building the foundation for sustainable and peaceful societies’.
- Every year, September 08 is observed as the World Physiotherapy Day (World PT Day) since 1996. World PT Day is promoted by World Physiotherapy.
- The day aims to honor the establishment of the profession in 1951.
- The overall goal of commemorating this day is to pay tribute to the dedication of physiotherapists and the invaluable services they provide, enabling people to be mobile, well, and independent.
- In 2023, the theme of World PT Day is Arthritis.
- The focus will be on Arthriti with in-depth look at various forms of inflammatory arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis and axial spondyloarthritis.
- The Himalayan Day is observed every year on September 09 in the state of Uttarakhand.
- The day was officially declared in 2010, by the then Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank”.
- The aim of celebrating Himalayan Day is to save and maintain the Himalayas and mountain nature.
- The year 2023 marks the 14th anniversary of the Himalayan Day.
- The World EV (Electric Vehicle) Day is observed every year on September 9, since 2020.
- Purpose: to celebrate e-mobility and educate people about the benefits of electric vehicles, by organizing special awareness campaigns.
- The Day was an initiative by sustainability media company Green.TV.
- China is the largest EV market in the world, while India’s automotive industry is the fifth largest in the world.
- The UN recognized International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed on 9 September. The Day was celebrated for the first time in 2020.
- Purpose: to raise awareness regarding the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for students and educators and the need to keep education at the top of the public agenda.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 9 September as International Day to Protect Education from Attack on 29 May 2020.
- UN calls for action to prevent attacks on education and to do more to mobilize resources for humanitarian funding and education programs.
- UNESCO and UNICEF will facilitate the annual observance of the Day in close collaboration with partners within and outside the UN system.
- Renowned cartoonist Ajit Ninan, who worked as political cartoonist for India Today and the Times of India since the early 80s has passed away.
- He was 68.
- Ninan was best known for his outstanding ‘Centrestage’ series in India Today magazine and ‘Ninan’s World’ in The Times of India.
- Apart from this, he was also known for creation of popular cartoon character ‘Detective Moochhwala’ in the children’s magazine ‘Target’.
- Renowned Tamil actor and director G Marimuthu has passed away due to heart attack while dubbing for his television show, Ethirneechal.
- The 57-year-old versatile actor was last seen on silver screen in Rajinikanth starrer “Jailer”, produced by Sun Pictures.