Current Affairs Update 20 July 2018
Current Affairs is an important part for many exams. Be prepared for this section with ByScoop which brings all the important Current Affairs in one place. 20 July 2018.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu launched ‘e-Pragati core platform’. e-Pragati portal is aimed at connecting the citizen to 34 departments, 336 autonomous organisations and 745-plus services.
- The e-Pragati project, launched at Undavalli in Guntur district aims to achieve digitalisation in the state and bring transparency in governance and it will work through cloud management.
- Through this project, the State government intends to realise the vision of ‘Sunrise AP 2022’. The e-Pragati authority will achieve the goals of the project by supporting the seven development missions launched in the areas of e-Governance, Social Empowerment, Skill Development, Urban Development, Infrastructure, Industrial Development and the Services sector.
- According to the industry body Ficci, India’s economic growth story remains intact and the country’s GDP is expected to grow around 7.5 percent in the current financial year (2018-19) despite short-term challenges.
- As per the body, GST and other reform measures like IBC (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code) and RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) will help in taking the GDP growth beyond 8 percent.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Headquarter: New Delhi
President: Rashesh Shah
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has appointed Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh as the incharge of the 18th Asian Games.
- Brij Bhushan will be assisted by four deputy heads- Raj Kumar Sacheti, Satyavrat Sheoran, Balbir Singh Kushwaha and Dev Kumar Singh- who have been appointed to lead the Indian contingent at the event.
- The 2018 Asian Games will be held in in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
- Repco Micro Finance Ltd, a non-banking finance company promoted by Repco Bank, received NABARD 2018 award for its outstanding performance in terms of Self-Help Group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu for the fiscal year 2017-18.
- The NBFC has disbursed loans amounting to Rs. 2,500 crore to over 10 lakh beneficiaries through 50,000 SHGs since its inception.
- India Heritage Walk Festival, an event organised by Sahapedia in collaboration with YES Arts & Culture, has been awarded the PATA Gold Award 2018 under the ‘Heritage-Culture’ category.
- The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Awards 2018 will be presented to the winners on September 14 during the PATA Travel Mart in Malaysia.
- Sahapedia is an open online resource on the arts, cultures and heritage of India.
- YES Arts & Culture is the cultural division of YES Global Institute, a practising think tank of YES BANK.
- Sahapedia had organised the month long pan-India IHWF 2018 event in February 2018.to encourage citizens to explore the tangible and intangible heritage of their cities and towns.