Current Affairs 29 June 2018
Current Affairs is an important part for many exams. Be prepared for this section with ByScoop which brings all the important Current Affairs in one place.
Mobile App ‘ReUnite’ launched to trace missing children
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched a mobile application called “ReUnite” which helps to track and trace missing and abandoned children in India.
- Non-government organisation Bachpan Bachao Andolan and IT major Capgemini has developed this app. Amazon Rekognition, web facial recognition service, is being used to identify missing kids.
- The app is multiuser where parents and citizens can upload pictures of children, and provide detailed description like name, birth mark, address, report to the police station, search and identify missing kids.
India finishes at top spot in ISSF Junior World Cup 2
- India finished on top of the medal standings among 61 participating countries in the second season of ISSF Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany.
- Indian shooters won 26 medals including 15 gold, two silver and nine bronze medals.
- Some world records set by Indian- In the 10m Air Pistol Women Junior event, Manu Bhaker of India scored 242.5 points, In the 10m Air Pistol Men Junior event, Chaudhary Saurabh of India scored 243.7 points. In total 5 world record was set by India in this event.
Rani Rampal to lead India in women’s hockey World Cup
- Rani Rampal has been named as the captain of India’s 18-member squad for the women’s hockey World Cup to be played in London, England starting July 21, 2018.
- While experienced Rani will lead the team, goalkeeper Savita has been named as her deputy.
AgriVikas-2018 conclave held in Odisha
- ‘AgriVikas-2018’, as the two-day conclave was held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- During the event, Government announced that 22,000 rural markets would be linked to the Electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) by 2020 as part of its drive to double the income of farmers.
Climate change could reduce 2.8 % of India’s GDP by 2050: World Bank
- As per the World Bank report titled ‘South Asia’s Hotspots: The Impact of Temperature and Precipitation Changes on Living Standards’, Climate change could cost India 2.8 per cent of GDP, and depress living standards of nearly half of its population by 2050.
- Climate change may accentuate poverty and inequality in Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh resulting in a decline of over 9 percent in their living standards by 2050.
- The World Bank report also said that even if preventive measures are taken along the lines of those recommended by the Paris climate change agreement of 2015, the average annual temperatures of India are likely to rise by 1-2 degrees celsius by 2050. If no measures are taken, average temperatures in India are predicted to increase by 1.5-3 degrees.
ICC Integrity App launched by ICC
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has launched “ICC Integrity” app as part of its ongoing commitment to protect the spirit and integrity of the game.
- The ICC Integrity App will give anyone in the game easy access to information they need to tackle issues relating to anti-corruption and anti-doping.
Asia’s first patent arbitration hub to open in Tokyo
- Japan will open an international arbitration body specializing in intellectual property in Tokyo in September
- It will the first one in Asia designed to facilitate resolution of a growing number of patent disputes.
Gujarat got 100 digital farming units from Israel
- Israel will gift 100 units of digital farming on an experimental basis in Gujarat.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani met Netafim CEO Ran Maidan and discussed with him the potential of digital farming in Gujarat.
- Netafim is an Israeli irrigation solutions providing firm.
SBI authorised to issue and encash Electoral Bonds in the 4th phase
- Government of India has notified the Electoral Bond Scheme 2018. As per provisions of the Scheme, Electoral Bonds may be purchased by a person, who is a citizen of India or incorporated or established in India. A person being an individual can buy Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals. Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (43 of 1951) and which secured not less than one per cent of the votes polled in the last General Election to the House of the People or the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive the Electoral Bonds.
- State Bank of India (SBI), in the 4th phase of sale, has been authorised to issue and encash Electoral Bonds through its 11 Authorised Branches.
NITI Aayog releases First Delta Ranking of Aspirational Districts
- The NITI Aayog today launched the first Delta ranking (incremental progress) for the Aspirational Districts, based on self-reported data of districts between March 31, 2018 to May 31, 2018, across five developmental areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion and Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure.
- Dahod district of Gujarat was ranked first in the Delta ranking. West Sikkim district in Sikkim stood second with 18.9 points. Kupwada district of Jammu and Kashmir was ranked last in he list of 108 district.
Ministry of Women and Child Development organises POSHAN Abhiyaan TECH-THON
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development organised TECH-THON for POSHAN Abhiyaan in New Delhi.
Indian-Indonesia Passage Exercise (PASSEX 2018)
- Indian Navy’s INS Shakti and INS Kamorta (P28) undertakes Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Madidihang (855), at the Port of Makassar, Indonesia on June 27, 2018.
Global realty transparency index: India ranked 35th
- India has improved its ranking by one notch to 35th in the global real estate transparency index, driven by policy reforms and liberalisation of FDI rules in property as well as retail sectors as per realty consultant JLL.
- UK is at the top position followed by Australia and the US. Venezuela is the least transparent market with 100th rank.
29 June- National Statistics Day
- 29th June, 2018- 12th National Statistics Day
- Theme: ‘Quality Assurance in Official Statistics’
- Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu released a commemorative coin of Rs 125 and circulation coin of Rs 5 denomination as a mark of respect to Professor P. C. Mahalanobis on the closing ceremony of his 125th Birth Anniversary. The Day acknowledges the contribution of Prof. Mahalanobis and pays homage to him.