Daily Current Affairs 6 February 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 6 February 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 6 February 2019
- The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) has given its consent to appoint Justice (Retd) DK Jain to supervise the operation of the resolution process undertaken by debt-laden IL&FS.
- The new board of IL&FS has proposed a multi-pronged strategy to revive the company. Government-owned firms, including LIC and SBI, own nearly 40 per cent of the company.
- Japan’s Orix Corp has a 23 per cent stake and Abu Dhabi Investment
- Chinese people celebrated the Lunar New Year on February 05, 2019 as the “Year of the Pig” or Earth Pig year 4717.
- The Lunar New Year is the most important holiday in China, and hundreds of millions of people travel to celebrate it with their families.
- According to the Chinese zodiac, 2019 is the Year of the Earth Pig, following the Year of the Earth Dog in 2018. Pig – one of the 12 Chinese zodiac signs – which is associated with fertility and prosperity.
- The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is an awareness campaign held every year, since 2003, by United Nations on February 6 to eradicate female genital mutilation
- The theme for 2019 is – Translate Political Decisions into Concrete Actions at the National and Grassroots level to Reach the Goal of Zero Tolerance to FGM
- Former cricket coach Rajabhau Oak, who mentored several players passed away at 85.
- Indian politician Ladu Kishore Swain passed away due to kidney disease on 5 February 2019, at Apollo Hospital in Bhubaneswar. He was 71.
- Swain was elected to the 16th Lok Sabha in 2014 from Aska constituency in Odisha.
- He was a member of the Biju Janata Dal political party.