Latest Current Affairs: Here you can find all the latest current affairs that are important for Banking and Insurance exams. We have covered all the current gk in this page. These recent current affairs will guide you for all exams like IBPS, SBI, RRB, and RBI. Follow our website for best current affairs that you will ever read.
Current Affairs in News
- Google has planned to open its second cloud region in India in Delhi.
- The Delhi cloud region is expected to be launched in 2021, and will have three zones to protect against service disruptions.
- It will be the Google’s second cloud region in India. The first region was launched in Mumbai in 2017.
- The new cloud region will expand the existing network of Google, which currently stands at eight regions in the Asia Pacific and 22 regions globally.
- Luxembourg has become the first country in the world to make public transport system free for the residents as well as tourists.
- Luxembourg, which is Europe’s richest country, aims to tackle road congestion, pollution, as well as supporting low earners, using this initiative
- All the fares for trams, trains and buses have been abolished in the country with effect from February 29 2020.
- However, the only exception is that first-class train travel will continue to cost £2.60 (€3) per journey.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has announced that his government will make Gairsain the summer capital of Uttarakhand.
- This means that, Uttarakhand will now get a permanent summer capital. However, Dehradun would continue to operate as the second capital.
- With this decision, Uttarakhand also becomes the only second state after Jammu and Kashmir in the country to have two capitals.
- The decision has been taken as Dehradun is far off from many districts, while Gairsain’s has an edge due to its location and proximity with hill districts.
- The Sports Authority of India, in association with Hockey India, has announced to organise the first edition of the Khelo India Women’s Hockey League (U- 21), to provide a platform to bring forth many talented hockey players.
- The event will be organised at three different venues in three phases between March to November 2020 in the following venues:
- Phase I – March 23 to 29 – Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi
- Phase II – July 13 to 19 – SAI Center in Bengaluru
- Phase III – November 22 to 29 – Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar
- The effort of the government is to create talent identification platforms for athletes from multiple sports through the Khelo India Scheme
- Former UN Chief Javier Perez de Cuellar, has passed away. He was 100.
- The former diploma served as United Nations Secretary General from 1981 to 1991.