Wipro founder Azim Premji to retire next month, son Rishad to take over
- Azim Premji, the founder of Wipro Limited, will retire as Executive Chairman upon the completion of his current term on July 30, 2019.
- The son of Azim Premji, Rishad Premji, presently the Chief Strategy Officer and Member of the Board, will take over as the Executive Chairman.
- Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director Abidali Z. Neemuchwala will be re-designated as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director. These changes will be effective July 31.
- Azim Premji, however, will continue to serve on the board as Non-Executive Director and Founder Chairman.
Points to remember:
- Executive Chairman of Wipro after July 20, 2019- Rishad Premji
- CEO and MD of Wipro after July 20, 2019?- Abidali Z. Neemuchwala.
- Azim Premji is the founder of which company?