Daily Current Affairs 22 March 2020: We have collected the latest current affairs for 22 March 2020 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
To be super updated you can read this news as and when they are posted as single news on Current Affairs 247 site. It is a part of ByScoop.com
Current Affairs 22 March 2020
India Ranks 144th in UN World Happiness Index; Finland tops
- The United Nations (UN) has released the eighth edition of the annual World Happiness Report on 20 March 2020 to rank 156 countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be.
- India has been ranked at 144 position among 156 nations with a score of 3.573 points on a scale of 10.
- Finland has been named as the happiest country in the world for the third year in a row while Afghanistan is the lowest ranking country.
- Top 5 Nations
- Finland (7.809)
- Denmark (7.646)
- Switzerland (7.560)
- Iceland (7.504)
- Norway (7.488)
- The World Happiness Report is an annual survey by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations.
- The Report takes into account six factors to rank a country which includes: levels of GDP, life expectancy, generosity, social support, freedom and corruption income.
Government Forms COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force Led By FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Keeping in mind the economic challenges arising out of the coronavirus epidemic, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has decided to constitute COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force.
- The task force will be led by the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, to deal with the situation arising out of novel coronavirus outbreak.
- It will ensure that all steps are taken to reduce the economic difficulties and execute them effectively.
IRDAI Constitutes Panel Under Pravin Kutumbe to Review Guidelines on Corporate Governance Systems of Insurers
- The insurance regulator, Insurance Regulation and Development Authority (IRDAI), has set up a 16-member committee to find ways to improve its current guidelines on corporate governance systems of insurers, in a bid to further strengthen the guidelines.
- The committee will be Chaired by Shri Pravin Kutumbe, member-finance and investment at IRDAI.
- It will also consists of six other members from the insurance regulator, members from the Reserve Bank of India and the Securities and Exchange Board of India along with other industry participants.
- The committee will submit the report to IRDAI in three months.
SBI launches COVID 19 Emergency Credit Line (CECL) facility for existing borrowers
- State Bank of India has launched an emergency loan facility for its existing loan customers whose business has been hit due to Coronavirus 2019 (COVID 19).
- The loan facility has been named COVID 19 Emergency Credit Line (CECL). It has been launched to meet the temporary liquidity mismatch arising out of covid-19.
- The interest rate under this facility will be 7.25% per annum.
- Which accounts are eligible: All standard accounts as on March 16, 2020 and till the date of sanction are eligible.
CRISIL Lowers India’s GDP Growth for FY’21 to 5.2% from 5.7%
- Credit ratings agency CRISIL has pulled down the growth forecast for India’s GDP for the financial year 2020-21 by 50 basis points (bp) to 5.2 percent from its previous forecast of 5.7%.
- The slash in the growth forecast is due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Satyarup Siddhanta, First Indian to Complete Seven Volcanic Summits enters ‘Limca Book of Records’
- An Indian mountaineer, Satyarup Siddhanta has entered the coveted Limca Book of World Records for his extra-ordinary achievement of being the first Indian to climb the highest volcanoes of each of the 7 continents.
- The Bengaluru-based 37-years-old techie mountaineer holds a world record for being the youngest in the world to summit the highest mountains (7 Summits) of each continent, including the Mt. Everest in Nepal, and highest Volcanoes (Volcanic 7 summits) of each continent.
- He has many firsts attached to his name including being the first Indian in the world to play the National anthem with flute at Antarctica.
- He already has his name in some of the prestigious record books such as Guinness Book of World Records, Asia book of Records, India Book of Records, Champions Book of Records, British Book of records etc.
Book titled ‘Messiah Modi: A Tale of Great Expectations’ Penned by
- Tavleen Singh, one of India’s most influential columnists and political reporter and writer has come out with her new work titled “Messiah Modi: A Tale of Great Expectations”.
- The book tells about her early support for Modi the candidate, followed by a helpless disenchantment with Modi the PM and the cabinet he headed.
Legendary Country Music Singer Kenny Rogers Passes Away at 81
- Noted American singer-songwriter and Country music icon, Kenny Rogers, has passed away. He was 81.
- Rogers was a three-time Grammy winner, six-time Country Music Awards winner and a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.
World Water Day: 22 March
- The World Water Day is celebrated on 22 March every year to raise awareness about the vital importance of water to safeguarding human security and maintaining the health of the planet’s ecosystems.
- The theme of 2020 World Water Day is ‘Water and Climate Change’.
World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People: March 20
World Puppetry Day: March 21
Quick Revision – Current Affairs 22 March 2020
1. India Ranks 144th in UN World Happiness Index; Finland tops
2. Government Forms COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force Led By FM Nirmala Sitharaman
3. IRDAI Constitutes Panel Under Pravin Kutumbe to Review Guidelines on Corporate Governance Systems of Insurers
4. SBI launches COVID 19 Emergency Credit Line (CECL) facility for existing borrowers
5. CRISIL Lowers India’s GDP Growth for FY’21 to 5.2% from 5.7%
6. Satyarup Siddhanta, First Indian to Complete Seven Volcanic Summits enters ‘Limca Book of Records’
7. Book titled ‘Messiah Modi: A Tale of Great Expectations’ Penned by 8. Legendary Country Music Singer Kenny Rogers Passes Away at 81
9. World Water Day: 22 March
10. World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People: March 20
11. World Puppetry Day: March 21