Skip to content
NITI Aayog Collaborates with UN and WhatsApp for 2019 Women Transforming India Awards
- The NITI Aayog launched the Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards on August 9, 2019 in New Delhi.
- The Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards is being organized in collaboration with the United Nations and will recognize women entrepreneurs from across India.
- The theme for 2019 WTI Awards is ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’, in continuation of the theme for WTI Awards 2018.
- Nominations for the awards was opened immediately after the launch.
- WhatsApp has collaborated with Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) for WTI Awards 2019 and will provide a financial support of US$100,000 to the award winners.
- WEP is a Government of India initiative by NITI Aayog to assist, support and promote women entrepreneurs in India in their journey from starting to scaling up and expanding their ventures.