Government Launches Rural Sanitation Survey ‘Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019’
- The second edition of the rural sanitation survey, ‘Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019’ was launched by Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on August 14, 2019.
- This year the survey will be three times bigger in scale than the previous edition, covering around 700 districts and over 17,000 villages across 34 states and union territories across the country.
- In the first edition in 2018, the survey covered over 6,000 villages.
- The focus of the survey this year will be solid waste and plastic waste management.
- The exercise will be held for 45 days at over 87,000 public places and will conclude on September 30.
Points to Remember:
- ‘Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019’ is which edition of the survey?
- Who is the Minister of Jal Shakti?
- ‘Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019’ has been launched by which ministry?