General Awareness Quiz – History
General Awareness Quiz Set 83 for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railways exams. History Quiz for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, Railways etc.
- Name the Venetian traveler who traveled with his wife and reached Vijayawada around 1420
(A) Anthanasius Nikitin
(B) Nicolo de Conti
(C) Ibn Batuta
- Who described the Uprising of 1857 as the first Indian war of Independence?
(A) S.N. Sen
(B) R.C. Mazumdar
(C) B.G. Tilak
(D) V.D. Savakar
- The Turko-Afghan rule in India lasted for about how many centuries?
(A) two centuries
(B) three centuries
(C) four centuries
(D) a little over one century
- Though Ashoka had many sons, the inscriptions mentioned only one who is not mentioned in any other source. Who is he?
- Name the Vijayanagara king who employed skilled archers of the Turkish clan and raised the fighting capacity of his bowmen
(A) Bukka I
(B) Devaraya I
- Vishakhadutt sketches the event after the death of Samudragupta in his work named
(B) Devi Chand Guptam
- The Vijayanagara ruler, Kirshnadev Raya’s work Amuktamalyada, was in which language?
- To evolve a peaceful settlement of the conflict between India and China, which non-aligned Afro-Asian nations participated in a conference held in December 1962?
(A) Burma (now Myanmar), Combodia, Indonesia and UAR
(B) Burma, Sri Lanka, Combodia and Indonesia
(C) Burma, Indonesia, Ghana and Sri Lanka
(D) All of the Above.
- The use of spinning wheel (Charkha) became common during which century?
(A) 9th century AD
(B) 10th century AD
(C) 12th century AD
(D) 14th century AD
- Velu Thampi led a revolt against the British in which state?