General Awareness Quiz – History
General Awareness Quiz Set 52 for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railways exams. History Quiz for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, Railways etc.
- Which one of the following is the principal source of information om Ashoka’s campaigm against Kalinga?
C) Pillar Edict VII
D) Rock Edict XII
- Name the Sultan who received a robe of honor from the Caliph?
- Which of the following movement saw the biggest peasant guerrilla war on the eve of Indian Independence?
A) Tebhaga Movement.
B) Punnapra Vayalar Movement.
C) Nokhali Movement.
D) Telangana Movement.
- Pitts India Act of 1784 was a /an
B) Regulating Act
- PULAKESIN II was the greatest ruler of?
A) Pallavas of Kanchi
B) Chalukyas of Badami
C) Chalukyas of Kalyani
D) Cholas of Tamil Nadu
- The Uttaramerur inscription provides information on the administration of the?
- Which one of the following statements is not true regarding A.O HUME?
A) He was an member of Indian Civil Services.
B) He was an Ornithologist.
C) He founded the Indian National Congress.
D) He presided over the Congress Annual Session twice.
- King Kharvela was the greatest ruler of the Chedi Dynasty of?
- Who coined the name Pakistan?
A) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
B) Liaquat Ali Khan
C) Choudhary Rehmat Ali
D) Fazlul Haq
- By which Charter Act, the East India Company’s monopoly of trade with China came to an end?
A) Charter Act of 1793
B) Charter Act of 1833
C) Charter Act of 1818
D) Charter Act of 1853