General Awareness Quiz – General Science
General Awareness Quiz Set 48 for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railways exams. Physics Quiz for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, Railways etc.
Topic: General Science – General Science – Physics
- An iron needle sinks in water whereas a ship made of iron floats on it because
A) the edge of the needle is pointed
B) the ship is flat
C) the ship is driven by powerful engine
D) specific gravity of the needle is greater than that of water displaced by it.
- Food gets cooked faster in a pressure cooker because?
A) Water starts boiling at a lower temperature due to high pressure.
B) Water starts boiling at a higher temperature due to high pressure.
C) Water boils only at 100°C but the heat content is higher at high pressure
D) Convection currents are set inside the cooker.
- What does the term Dolby B or Dolby C printed on tape recorders and other sound systems refer to?
A) Frequency modulated system
B) Amplitude modulated system
C) noise reduction circuit
D) both DC and AC power can be used
- A liquid drop tends to assume a spherical shape because of?
A) Surface tension
B) viscous force
C) gravitational force
D) None of these
- Of the two bulbs in a house, one glows brighter than the other. Which of the following statements correct?
A) The brightness does not depend on resistance.
B) Both the bulbs have the same resistance.
C) The brighter bulb has larger resistance.
D) The dimmer bulb has larger resistance.
- The leaning tower of Pisa does not fall because?
A) It is tappered at the top.
B) It covers a large base area.
C) Its centre of gravity remains at the lowest position.
D) The vertical line through the centre of gravity of the tower falls within the base.
- If the doors of a refrigerator are left open for a few hours, the room temperature will?
C) Remain the same
D) Decrease only in the area in the vicinity of the refrigerator
- Electronic motors operating at low voltages tend to burn out because?
A) they draw more current which is inversely proportional to the voltage.
B) they draw more current which is inversely proportional to the square root of the voltage.
C) they draw heat proportional to V2.
D) low voltage sets in electrical discharge.
- The sun is seen before the actual sunrise because of?
C) Scattering of light
D) Rectilinear propagation of light
- A car is moving on a circular path and takes a turn. If R1 and R2 be the reaction on the inner and outer wheels respectively, then?
A) R1 = R2.
B) R1 < R2.
C) R1 > R2.
D) R1 <=R2.