Daily Current Affairs 27 and 28 October 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 27 and 28 October 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 27 & 28 October 2019
UP govt launches “Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana”
- Uttar Pradesh state government has launched a scheme named “Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana” for the benefit of girl child under which Girls from families with Rs 3 lakh or less annual income will be given monetary assistance of Rs 15,000 in six phases (in 6 installments).
- The first instalment of Rs 2,000 will be deposited in the account of the child at birth.
- The second instalment of Rs 1,000 will be deposited when the girl gets her vaccination in the first year of birth.
- The next three instalments of Rs 2,000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 3,000 will be deposited when the child takes admission in class I, class VI and class IX, respectively.
- The final instalment of Rs 5,000 will be released when the girl takes admission in a graduate course or two year diploma course after class XII.
Guinness World Records set by Ayodhya for lighting over 4 lakh diyas
- Uttar Pradesh state government’s Deepotsav celebrations on the eve of Diwali in Ayodhya has set a Guinness World Records as 4 lakh 10 thousand ‘diyaas’ were lit on the banks of Saryu river.
- Apart from this, more than two lakh ‘diyaas’ were lit elsewhere than the ghat. In all, more than 6 lakh ‘diyaas’ were lit.
- Last year’s record was of three lakh one thousand one hundred eighty six ‘diyaas’ at the ghat.
Manohar Lal Khattar Sworn-in as Chief Minister of Haryana for a Second Term
- Senior BJP leader Manohar Lal Khattar has been sworn-in as Chief Minister of Haryana on October 27, 2019, for the second consecutive term.
- The 65-year-old was administered the oath of office and secrecy by the Governor Satyadev Narayan Arya.
- Besides, Jannayak Janta Party leader Dushyant Chautala has been sworn-in as Deputy Chief Minister.
Alberto Fernandez Elected as President of Argentina
- Argentina has elected Centre-left opposition candidate Alberto Fernández as its new President.
- The 60-year-old law professor secured 47.36 percent votes, crossing the threshold for outright victory.
- He will succeed incumbent conservative Mauricio Macri and assume office on December 10, 2019.
- Capital – Buenos Aires
- Currency – Argentine peso
Sophie Wilmes Becomes First Women to be Named as Belgian Prime Minister
- Sophie Wilmes has been chosen as Belgium’s new Prime Minister. She is currently the Budget Minister of Belgium.
- Sophie is the first female to be appointed as the Prime Minister of the country.
- She will succeed incumbent Prime Minister Charles Michel, who is set to take over as European Council president on December 1.
Lewis Hamilton wins Mexican Grand Prix 2019
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes – Britain) has won the Formula One, Mexican Grand Prix 2019.
- Sebastian Vettel remained on second position, Valtteri Bottas was on third followed by Charles Leclerc on fourth spot.
Indian Army Celebrates 73rd Infantry Day in J&K
- The Indian Army celebrated the 73rd Infantry Day in Jammu and Kashmir on October 27, 2019, as a remembrance of the first military event of independent India and the supreme sacrifices of the infantry in countering the Pakistani raiders in Jammu and Kashmir in 1947.
- October 27 is celebrated as Infantry Day by the Indian Army in J&K, known by nickname, Chinar Corps.
- On October 22, 1947, the Pakistan Army and Lashkar invaded into Jammu and Kashmir and wreaked havoc on the people.
- Thereafter the First Battalion of the Sikh Regiment of Indian Army fought battle to accomplish victory over the first attack on the Indian soil, on October 27, 1947, in the Kashmir valley.
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage: October 27
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is held every year on 27 October.
- The day was chosen by UNESCO in 2005 to raise awareness of the significance and preservation risks of recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
- The theme of the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2019: “Engage the Past Through Sound and Images”.
International Animation Day: October 28
- The International Animation Day is observed every year on October 28 to celebrate the art of animation and also recognise the artists, scientists and technicians behind animation.
- The day was created in 2002 by ASIFA, an International Animated Film Association, a member of UNESCO.
- 2019 marks the 18th International Animation Day.
Padma Shri Awardee Nonagenarian Yoga Exponent V Nanammal Passes Away
- The renowned nonagenarian yoga exponent V Nanammal passed away. She was 99 years old.
- V Nanammal was conferred the Padma Shri in 2018 and the Nari Shakti Puraskar and Yoga Ratna awards in 2016 and 2017 respectively.