Daily Current Affairs 20 March 2020: We have collected the latest current affairs for 20 March 2020 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 20 March 2020
Singapore to Host 7th Edition of World Cities Summit in July 2020
- The 7th World Cities Summit will be held from 5 to 9 July 2020 in Singapore.
- The theme of the Summit will be ‘Livable and Sustainable Cities: Adapting to a Disrupted World’.
- The biennial event is organised by Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities and the Urban Redevelopment Authority since 2008.
- It provides an exclusive platform for government leaders and industry experts to address liveable and sustainable city challenges, share integrated urban solutions, and forge new partnerships.
India ranks second in probes on foreign bribery, enforcement drags globally; Top- Brazil
- India has been ranked at the second place in terms of the number of investigations concerning alleged bribery of domestic officials by foreign firms as per the 10th Annual Global Enforcement Report of TRACE International.
- Brazil has topped the report. China is on third.
Goa govt launches chatbot named Cobot-19 to create awareness on coronavirus
- Government of Goa has launched a Chatbot named Cobot-19 to create awareness among people about Coronavirus.
- Cobot-19 will act as a one-stop source of information for citizens of Goa on COVID-19 and its various aspects.
- The Chatbot has been developed in association with Portea Medical and Verloop.
SIDBI to start train Swavalamban Express for budding entrepreneurs on June 05
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) will start Swavalamban Express this year for budding entrepreneurs on June 05, 2020.
- The Swavalamban Express will start from June 5 and will travel to 11 covering 7,000 km in a span of 15 days. It will cover cities starting from Lucknow and thereafter to Jammu, Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata and finally to Varanasi.
- The Swavalamban Express train is a part of our umbrella mission Swavalamban which aims to induce entrepreneurship culture amongst the youth.
Former SBI Head Arundhati Bhattacharya Resigns from CRISIL Board
- Arundhati Bhattacharya, the ex-chairman of State Bank of India, has submitted her resignation as an Independent Director of the Crisil Ltd (a global analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services).
- Her resignation will take effect on 15 April 2020.
- The reason for her resignation is to accept the role as a full time Chairperson and CEO for the India operations of Salesforce, USA, the global giant in customer-relationship management (CRM) service.
- Currently, she is also the chairman of SWIFT India, part of a global payments network.
Iraqi President Barham Salih appoints Adnan al-Zurfi as new PM-designate
- The President of Iraq, Barham Salih has appointed Adnan al-Zurfi as the new Prime Minister-designate of the country on 17 March 2020.
- The 54-year-old Al-Zurfi has 30 days to form his cabinet.
- Al-Zurfi would replace caretaker Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, who resigned from the post in December 2019.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Releases Coffee Table Book ‘Invincible – A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar’ Authored by Tarun Vijay
- The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari presented a copy of the book titled ‘Invincible – A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar’ to President Ram Nath Kovind on 17 March 2020, to mark the first death anniversary of former Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar.
- The coffee-table book on the life and times of the former Union Minister was formally released by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on 16 March 2020.
- The book has been authored by former MP and BJP leader Tarun Vijay.
- Parrikar was four-time chief minister of Goa and had also served as the former Union defence minister in the Modi government from 2014 till 2017.
Bhalchandra Mungekar Authors book Titled My Encounters in Parliament
- Former Vice-President of India, Shri Hamid Ansari launched the book titled “My Encounters in Parliament” on 17 March 2020.
- The book has been authored by Indian economist, educationist, Social worker and Rajya Sabha member Bhalchandra Mungekar.
Global Recycling Day: 18 March
- The Global Recycling Day is observed every year on 18 March to recognise the importance of recycling as a resource, not waste.
- The theme for 2020 is #RecyclingHeroes, which aims to recognise the unsung heroes in the recycling industry.
- The day is an initiative of Global Recycling Foundation, London.
International Day of Happiness: 20 March
- Every year the International Day of Happiness is celebrated on March 20 to promote happiness as a fundamental human right for all human beings across the world.
- The 2020 International Day of Happiness campaign theme is ‘Happiness For All, Together’”.
- The first International Day of Happiness was officially held on 20 March 2013.
World Sparrow Day: March 20
- World Sparrow Day is celebrated every year on March 20, 2020 to raise awareness about the House Sparrow and other common birds to urban environments, and of threats to their populations.
- The day initiated by the Nature Forever Society of India in collaboration with the Eco-Sys Action Foundation (France) and numerous other national and international organisations across the world.
- The first World Sparrow Day was celebrated in 2010.
World Frog Day: 20 March
Quick Revision – Current Affairs 20 March 2020
1. Singapore to Host 7th Edition of World Cities Summit in July 2020
2. India ranks second in probes on foreign bribery, enforcement drags globally; Top- Brazil
3. Goa govt launches chatbot named Cobot-19 to create awareness on coronavirus
4. SIDBI to start train Swavalamban Express for budding entrepreneurs on June 05
5. Former SBI Head Arundhati Bhattacharya Resigns from CRISIL Board
6. Iraqi President Barham Salih appoints Adnan al-Zurfi as new PM-designate
7. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Releases Coffee Table Book ‘Invincible – A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar’ Authored by Tarun Vijay
8. Bhalchandra Mungekar Authors book Titled My Encounters in Parliament
9. Global Recycling Day: 18 March
10. International Day of Happiness: 20 March
11. World Sparrow Day: March 20
12. World Frog Day: 20 March