Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 12 June 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 12 June 2019
RBI issues direction for improved BSBDA norms
- To improve the financial inclusion, the Reserve Bank of India has issued guidelines for banks with respect to the Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA).
- Banks are now advised to offer the following basic minimum facilities in the BSBD Account, free of charge, without any requirement of minimum balance.
- The deposit of cash at bank branch as well as ATMs/CDMs
- Receipt/ credit of money through any electronic channel or by means of deposit /collection of cheques drawn by Central/State Government agencies and departments
- No limit on number and value of deposits that can be made in a month
- Minimum of four withdrawals in a month, including ATM withdrawals
- ATM Card or ATM-cum-Debit Card
SBI launches digital residential property show in Hyderabad
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has set up a new marketing outfit called ‘Destination: The Home Shoppe’ in Hyderabad. At this Home Shoppe, the bank will have a digital display of residential projects from leading developers and approved by SBI.
- It will function as a virtual property show bringing builder, customers and SBI under one roof. The Home Shoppe would facilitate the short-listing of projects by prospective buyers.
- The bank has already got 12 builders with 17 projects on board.
India Ranks 141 in Global Peace Index 2019; Iceland Tops
- India has slipped five places to rank 141 among 163 countries on the Global Peace Index 2019.
- Iceland has topped the index as most peaceful country while Afghanistan is the least peaceful nation at 163.
Singapore Overtakes US as World’s Most Competitive Economy: IMD
- Singapore has dethroned United States to emerge as the world’s most competitive economy, according to the IMD World Competitiveness Rankings 2019.
- Hong Kong occupied the second spot in the list followed by US at third place.
- India has been ranked at 43, one position higher compared to 2018.
Lionel Messi richest sportsperson as per Forbes’ 2019 List Of The World’s 100 Highest-Paid Athletes; Kohli sole cricketer in the list
- Argentina football player, Lionel Messi has been named the richest sportsperson as per the Forbes’ 2019 List Of The World’s 100 Highest-Paid Athletes with $127 million in total earnings.
- Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo is at the second place who earned $109 million.
- Virat Kohli is the only Cricketer and only Indian in the list and he is ranked at 100th place. He has an earning of $25 million. Apart from this tennis player Serena Williams is the only woman athlete in the list at the 63rd spot. She has an earning of $29.2 million.
Nripendra Mishra Retained As Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Modi; Gets Cabinet Minister Rank
- Nripendra Misra has been re-appointed as Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet with effect from May 31, 2019.
- In addition, PK Mishra has also been re-appointed additional Principal Secretary to PM Modi
- Both of them will hold the rank of Cabinet Minister.
- Their appointment will be co-terminus with the term of the Prime Minister or till further order.
Thawarchand Gehlot appointed Leader of Rajya Sabha
- Union Minister Thawarchand Gehlot has been appointed as the Leader of the Rajya Sabha. The appointment for the Leader of the Rajya Sabha is made by the party in power at the Centre.
- Earlier this post was occupied by Arun Jaitley who is currently having health issues. The Leader has a seat next to the Chairperson of the Rajya Sabha, in the front row.
- Union minister for Railways Piyush Goyal has been appointed the deputy leader of Rajya Sabha
ISRO to Launch Chandrayaan-2 Mission on July 15
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to launch India’s second mission to the moon, Chandrayaan-2, on July 15.
- The launch will take place on board the GSLV MK-III vehicle from the spaceport of Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- With this India would become the fourth country to land on the moon.
India successfully launches Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) off Odisha Coast
- India has successfully conducted the maiden flight test of its indigenously developed fired Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) off Odisha Coast.
- The HSTDV is developed by DRDO. Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) carried out the trials from Dr Abdul Kalam Island in the Bay of Bengal.
- While it can be used to launch small satellites at a much lower cost, it will be used for launching long-range cruise missiles. It will help in the development of a hypersonic cruise missile system.
16th Asia Media Summit Kicks Off in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- The 16th edition of the Asia Media Summit began in Siem Reap, Cambodia on June 12, 2019.
- The theme of the summit is Media Digitalization Focusing on Developing Markets
- The 3-day summit is being hosted by the Ministry of Information, Cambodia in partnership with Asia Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development, AIBD.
Priyanka Chopra to Receive Humanitarian Award from UNICEF
- Indian actress Priyanka Chopra will be honored with the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award by UNICEF.
- The 36-year-old actress will receive the award at the Unicef Snowflake Ball on December 3 in New York, United States.
- Priyanka is a global Unicef Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights.
Indian-Origin Girl Nia Tony Honored in Dubai for Paper Waste Recycling
- An eight-year-old Indian-origin student named Nia Tony has received the Emirates Recycling Award in Dubai on June 10, 2019 for her efforts in keeping the environment clean by collecting the paper waste.
- Tony was awarded in the paper section in the individual category for collecting a total of 14,914 kg of paper waste in the Gulf emirate as part of a nationwide recycling campaign.
IAAF to Rebrand as World Athletics
- The world athletics’ governing body, International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), has approved plans to rebrand itself as World Athletics.
- The decision was taken during IAAF Council meeting in Monaco on 8 June, 2019.
- The new name will be effective from October 2019, after the completion of World Athletics Championship 2019 to be held Doha, Qatar.
World Day Against Child Labour: June 12
- The World Day Against Child Labour is held every year on June 12 to bring attention and join efforts to fight against child labour.
- 2019 World Day Against Child Labour theme: Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams!
Amitabh Bachchan’s Long Time Secretary and Producer Sheetal Jain Passes Away
- Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s longtime secretary and film producer Sheetal Jain passed away. He was 77.
- Jain, who had been working with the Bachchan family for over 36 years, was known for producing Bachchan and Govinda starrer “Bade Miyan Chote Miyan” in 1998.