Daily Current Affairs 09 February 2020: We have collected the latest current affairs for 09 February 2020 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 09 February 2020
National Conference on e-Governance 2020 Held in Mumbai
- The 23rd edition of the National Conference on e-Governance was held at Mumbai, Maharashtra on 7-8 February 2020.
- The theme of the conference was: India 2020: Digital Transformation.
- The two-day conference was organised jointly by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and Department of Information Technology, Government of Maharashtra.
- Union Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr Jitendra Singh and Maharashtra IT Minister Satej D Patil was the guests of honour.
- The Conference provided a platform to the senior officers of the Government to discuss, and exchange views relating to various e-Governance initiatives; disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable e-Governance initiatives to provide end to end Digital Services and exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
BBIN nations deliberate on MoU for implementation of motor vehicle agreement
- A meeting of the BBIN nations (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal) was held in New Delhi on 8 February 2020 to deliberate on a proposed MoU, to be signed by Bangladesh, India and Nepal, for implementation of the Motor Vehicle Agreement (MVA) in these countries.
- Representatives of Bhutan participated in the meeting in an observer capacity.
- The meeting was held to discuss the Passenger protocol and Cargo protocol, which will give effect to the Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA), for the regulation of passenger, personal and cargo vehicular traffic among Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal, signed on June 15, 2015.
- The Indian delegation was led by Vikram Doraiswami, Additional Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs.
DefExpo 2020 Concludes With Over 200 Partnerships at Bandhan Ceremony
- The 11th edition of the biennial DefExpo 2020, concluded in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh on 8 February 2020.
- The theme of the 11th Edition was “India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub”.
- More than 1,000 companies, including 165 offshore enterprises participated in the event.
- Over 200 partnerships involving Signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs), Transfer of Technology (ToTs) , Product launches were concluded during a ceremony titled “Bandhan” at DefExpo 2020.
- Bandhan ceremony witnessed more than 13 product launches, 124 MoUs between Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs), private and global defence manufacturing companies.
- Of these, 23 MoUs were signed between the Uttar Pradesh Government and private companies, envisaging Rs 50,000 crores investment in the defence corridor setup in the state..
- All these MOUs signed at the mega event is a step in the direction to achieve Prime Minister’s $5 billion defence export target in the next five years.v
Mega Industrial Exhibition ‘Engiexpo 2020’ to be held in Vadodara, Gujarat
- The sixth edition of the mega industrial exhibition ‘Engiexpo 2020’ is being organised in Vadodara, Gujarat from February 15 to 17, 2020.
- The three-day mega exhibition will be organised by the Federation of Small Scale Industries (FSSI), to promote ‘Made in India’ products.
- Over 10,000 industrial products will be showcased in more than 300 stalls.
- Several companies from Uzbekistan are also participating in the exhibition.
Swedish Vaulter Armand Duplantis Breaks World Pole Vault Record
- On 8 February 2020, Armand Duplantis, who plays for Sweden, broke the world pole vault record with a jump of 6.17 metres at an indoor meeting in Poland.
- With this, the US-born 20-year-old Duplantis, broke the previous record of 6.16m set by French vaulter Renaud Lavillenie in February 2014.
Padma Shri Winning Indian Author Giriraj Kishore Passes Away
- Veteran writer and academician Giriraj Kishore passed away following a prolonged illness. He was 82-years-old.
- Giriraj was awarded the Padma Shri by the President of India in the year 2007, for his work Pahla Girmitiya (The Girmitiya Saga).
- He also received the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1992, and the Vyas Samman in 2000.
Veteran RSS ‘Pracharak’ & Founder of Bharatheeya Vichara Kendram, P Parameswaran Passes Away at 91
- Renowned thinker, writer and the founder-director of Bharatiya Vichara Kendram, P Parameswaran, passed away. He was 91.
- P Parameswaran was one of the senior-most ‘pracharaks’ of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and former leader of the erstwhile Bharatiya Jana Sangh.
- He was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 2018 and Padma Shri in 2004.
‘The Wild Wild West’ Famed American Actor Robert Conrad Passes Away at 84
- Veteran American film and television actor, singer, and stuntman, Robert Conrad, passed away. He was 84.
- Conrad was best known for his role in the 1965–1969 television series “The Wild Wild West” for playing the role of sophisticated Secret Service agent James T. West.