Daily Current Affairs 07 June 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 07 June 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 07 June 2019
List of Members of Reconstituted NITI Aayog
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has reconstituted the federal policy think-tank National Institution of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog by introducing key Cabinet ministers as members as ex-officio members.
- The name of Bibek Debroy, who was full-time member when Niti Aayog was formed, has been dropped.
- The reconstituted NITI Aayog comprises the following members:
- Chairman: Prime Minister
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- Ex-Officio Members: Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, Nirmala Sitaraman and Narendra Singh Tomar
- Special Invitees: Nitin Gadkari, Piyush Goyal, Thawar Chand Gehlot and Rao Inderjit Singh
- Full-time Members: V. K. Saraswat (former DRDO Chief), Ramesh Chand (Agriculture Expert) and Dr. Vinod Paul (Public Health expert)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Amitabh Kant
- Governing Council: All Chief Ministers of States (and Delhi and Puducherry), Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Special Invites
Mumbai has World’s Worst Traffic Flow; Delhi at Fourth Spot: TomTom Report
- Mumbai has the worst traffic flow in the world and ranks first in the ‘Traffic Index-2018’, with a congestion level of 65 percent, as per a study compiled by location technology specialist TomTom.
- Mumbai has held on to the top rank for the second consecutive year. New Delhi is placed fourth in the list with a congestion of 58 percent.
- Bogota (63 percent), Lima (58 percent) and Moscow (56 percent) are the rest three cities in the top five most congested cities in the world.
- The study ranked 403 cities in 56 countries and defined congestion as the extra time added to road travel when traffic doesn’t flow freely.
CII Launches New Index to Measure Fiscal Performance of State & Central Budget
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has launched a new index named Fiscal Performance Index (FPI) to assess state and central budgets.
- The new index will use multiple indicators to measure the quality of Budgets at the Central and the State levels rather than a single indicator “fiscal deficit to GDP ratio” used till date.
- The Index will undertake qualitative assessments of revenue expenditure, capital expenditure, revenues, fiscal prudence and the level of public debt to arrive at a more holistic picture of fiscal performance.
Estonia, Niger, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Tunisia, Vietnam Elected as Non-Permanent Members of UNSC
- The UN General Assembly has elected Estonia, Niger, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Tunisia and Vietnam as the non-permanent members of UN Security Council for a two year term beginning January 1, 2020.
- The Security Council is the most powerful organ of the UN and consists of 15 members including five permanent members (China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, and the United States), and 10 non-permanent members who are elected for two-year terms by the General Assembly.
- Currently, Belgium, Cte d’Ivoire, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Germany, Indonesia, Kuwait, Peru, Poland and South Africa. are the non-permanent members.
- The two-year terms of Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Kuwait, Peru and Poland will end in 2019 and the newly elected members will take on their seats.
Prayuth Chan-ocha Elected as Prime Minister of Thailand
- Retired Army general Prayuth Chan-ocha, has been elected as the Thailand’s Prime Minister by both the houses of parliament on June 5, 2019.
- The 65-year-old exceeded the 375-vote threshold needed to win the premiership by receiving 500 votes from the 750-member parliament.
World Food Safety Day: June 7
- The first ever World Food Safety Day was observed on June 7, 2019.
- The theme for the World Food Safety Day 2019 is “Food Safety, everyone’s business”.
- The day was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018 to be observed every year on June 7.
- It has been launched by WHO, in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization to ensure access to sufficient amounts of safe and nutritious food is key to sustaining life and promoting good health
Grammy Winning Musician Dr John Passes Away at 77
- Iconic American music legend Malcolm John Rebennack, who was famous as Dr. John, passed away. He was 77.
- During his singing career, Dr John was nominated for 15 Grammy Awards and won six of them.
Pioneering Cataract Treatment Inventor Dr. Patricia Bath Passes Away
- Dr. Patricia Bath, a pioneering American ophthalmologist who became the first African American female doctor to receive a patent for medical purpose.She was 76.
- She invented a more precise treatment of cataracts and was granted a patent for using pulsed ultrasound to remove cataracts and also combining laser and ultrasound to remove cataracts.