Daily Current Affairs 03 June 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 03 June 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 03 June 2019
Telangana Enhances Assistance Under Rythu Bandhu Scheme to Rs 5000 per Acre per Season
- The state government of Telangana has announced to increase the assistance under its flagship Rythu Bandhu scheme from Rs 4000 to Rs 5000 for 2019-20.
- The scheme is an Initial Investment support programme of the Telangana government to provide income support for agriculture and horticulture crops to farmer in each season to be used to purchase inputs like seeds, fertilisers, pesticides, labour and other filed operations.
- The enhanced scheme will now provide Rs 5000 per acre per farmer per season.
- The amount would be paid through electronic transfer using the RBI payment platform, e-Kuber.
Rajasthan Government Increases Financial Aid Under ‘Aapki Beti’ Scheme
- The Rajasthan state government has increased the financial assistance under the ‘Aapki Beti’ scheme.
- The scheme provides an annual financial assistance to the school girls in the state living under Below Poverty Line (BPL) and whose mother or father or both have died.
- As per the revised scheme, girls studying in class 1 to 8 will now get an amount of Rs 2,100 instead of Rs 1,100.
- Similarly, for girls in class 9 to 12, the financial aid has been increased to Rs 2,500 from Rs 1,500.
- In addition to this, the state has also increased the ex-gratia payment to the next of kin of polling personnel who got killed on election duty. It has been increased to Rs 20 lakh from Rs 15 lakh.
Ajit Doval Re-Appointed as NSA for 5 Years, Elevated to Cabinet Rank
- The Cabinet committee has re-appointed Ajit Doval as the National Security Adviser (NSA) for a second consecutive term with effect from May 31, 2019.
- Besides, he has also been elevated to the rank of Union Cabinet Minister.
- In May 2014, Doval was appointed as the 5th NSA. That time he held the rank of Minister of State.
- He is the first National Security Adviser to get a second term.
Rajiv Mehrishi elected external auditor of WHO
- Rajiv Mehrishi has been elected as external auditor of the World Health Organization (WHO). He is the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- He has been elected for a term of four years from 2020 to 2023. Mehrishi was elected at the 72nd World Health Assembly in Geneva in May 2019.
- Earlier this year in March 2019 he was also elected for the post of External Auditor of Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome
MN Sarma elected as Secretary General of General Insurance Council
- MN Sarma, has been elected as the new Secretary General of the General Insurance Council. It is the official representative organisation of the Indian insurance industry.
- MN Sarma is the former Chairman & Managing Director (MD) of United India Insurance. He will take over the charge in August 2019.
- The GI Council was formed in 2001, under an act of the IRDAI.
India and China top in EY Global FinTech Adoption Index 2019
- According to a report by Ernst & Young (EY) titled ‘Global FinTech Adoption Index 2019’, the Fintech adoption rate has risen to an average of 64% in 2019.
- The Fintech adoption rate was highest in India and China at 87% for both the countries followed by Russia and South Africa on second at 82% each.
Gymnast Rakesh Kr. Patra finishes seventh at FIG World Cup
- Indian gymnast Rakesh Kumar Patra finished seventh in the finals of the Parallel Bars at the FIG World Cup that was held in Koper, Slovenia.
- The finals was held between 8 gymnasts in which Patra finished seventh.
- Frank Baines of Great Britain clinched the top spot, while Kazakhstan’s Milad Karimi was second.
Liverpool Beats Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 to Lift UEFA Champions League Trophy 2018-19
- Liverpool outclassed Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 to win the 2019 UEFA Champions League title for the sixth time. Earlier they achieved the victory in 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, and 2005.
- However, Real Madrid hold the record for the most victories at 7.
World Bicycle Day: June 3
- The World Bicycle Day is observed globally on June 3 to recognize the uniqueness, longevity and versatility of the bicycle, as simple, affordable, reliable, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transportation.
- The day was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in April 2018.
Rajasthani folk dancer ‘Queen Harish’ passed away
- Renowned folk dancer of Rajasthan Harish Kumar who was famous for performing dressed up as a woman died in a road accident. 3 other people were also killed in the road accident.
- He was popularly known as “Queen Harish”.
Bengali Singer Ruma Guha Thakurta passed away
- Bengali singer-actress Ruma Guha Thakurta passed away at the age of 84 years.
- She was the founder of Calcutta Youth Choir (CYC), which played a key role in popularising ‘gana sangeet’ or mass songs in Bengal.
- She was the first wife of singer Kishore Kumar.