Daily Current Affairs 03 August 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 03 August 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, Ibps, Sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 03 August 2019
Guinea Confers Its Highest Award ‘National order of Merit’ to President Kovind
- President Ram Nath Kovind has been honored with the ‘National order of Merit’ by the President of the Republic of Guinea, Alpha Conde. It is the highest award of Republic of Guinea.
- President Kovind was awarded for his exceptional contribution to the advancement of overall relations and development of mutual cooperation between India and Guinea and for promoting friendship and partnership between the people of both the countries.
- President has also announced a new Line of Credit of US$ 170 million for Water Supply Project of Conakry city.
- The two countries signed three MoUs in the following areas:
- Cooperation in the Field of Traditional System of Medicine,
- e- Vidhyabharati – e-Aarogya Bharati Network Project and
- Renewal Energy.
US and Russia ends INF Missile Treaty
- The US has withdrawn from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty that was signed in 1987 Reagan-era with Russia. The treaty banned ground-launched medium-range missiles with a range of 310 to 3,400 miles.
- The US had withdrawn from the treaty as Russia refused to destroy its new intermediate-range SSC-8 cruise missile that Washington said violated the INF.
- The SSC-8 missile can be tipped with conventional or nuclear explosives.
Gujarat Launches ‘Vhali Dikri Yojna’ for Welfare of Girl Child
- The Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani has inaugurated the statewide cash incentive scheme named ‘Vhali Dikri Yojna’ with a view to raise the female birthrate at par with male to achieve gender equality.
- An amount of Rs.133 crore has been allocated towards the scheme.
- The cash assistance to every girl child of the state under the scheme is as follows:
- Rs. 4,000 – at the time of admission to Standard 4th.
- Rs. 6,000 – at the time of taking admission to Standard IX
- Rs. 1 lakh – at the time of taking admission for higher education at the age of 18
- Rs. 1 lakh – at the time of marriage.
Ministries of Earth Sciences and Agriculture launches Meghdoot app to assist farmers
- The Ministries of Earth Sciences and Agriculture have launched a mobile application named ‘Meghdoot’ to help farmers.
- The app will provide location, and crop and livestock-specific weather-based agro advisories to farmers in local languages.
- Minister for Earth Science, Science and Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched the mobile app that can be downloaded from Google Play Store and App Store.
Flipkart Launches Samarth Initiative For Access to Handicraft Products
- The E-commerce company Flipkart has rolled out an initiative named ‘Samarth’ to support weavers, artisans and makers of handicrafts.
- Flipkart will help these communities to access its Indian customer base of over 150 million to sell their products via the internet.
World’s first hyperloop transportation system to come up at Maharashtra
- Maharashtra has granted infrastructure project status for a $10-billion plan (around Rs 70,000 Crore) to build the world’s first ultra-fast hyperloop project i.e Mumbai-Pune hyperloop project.
- The superfast transport project aims to link Mumbai and Pune. The distance between the two city is around 200 km. The project will reduce the time taken to travel from the present 3 hours to 25 minutes.
- DP World, a major Dubai port operator with significant business in India, will be spending $500 million to complete phase one of the project; the rest of the money will come from other investors. The Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) will oversee the project
NHB launches Liquidity Infusion Facility (LIFt) Scheme for Housing Finance Companies
- National Housing Bank (NHB) has launched a Liquidity Infusion Facility (LIFt) Scheme for Housing Finance Companies to support Housing Finance Companies in creating individual housing loan portfolio that falls under the priority sector.
- Government has allocated an amount of ₹ 10,000 crore for this scheme. The maximum amount that can be drawn under this scheme shall not exceed ₹ 500 crore per HFC.
RBI granted Bank of China to offer regular banking services in India
- The Reserve bank of India has included Bank of China in the second schedule of RBI Act. Now the bank can provide regular banking services in India. Some other decisions by RBI include:
- “Jana Small Finance Bank Limited” has been included in the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- “National Australia Bank” excluded from the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
- Name of “The Royal Bank of Scotland plc” altered to “NatWest Markets Plc” in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
ISRO to set up new centre to protect Indian satellites from space debris in Bengaluru
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has laid the foundation stone for the Space Situational Awareness Control Centre in Bengaluru.
- The control centre would host a range of activities related to the protection of Indian Space assets from inactive satellites, pieces of orbiting objects, near earth asteroids and adverse space weather conditions.
Indian-Origin Bhasha Mukherjee crowned Miss England 2019
- Indian-origin Bhasha Mukherjee has been crowned Miss England 2019.
- The 23-year-old beauty from Derby in East Midlands region of England is a doctor by profession.
- Bhasha, who moved to the UK from India aged 9, will now compete in the 69th Miss World contest to be held in December 2019 in London.
Veteran Telugu actor Devadas Kanakala Passes Away
- Veteran Telugu actor Devadas Kanakala passed away at the age of 75. He had helped many budding actors hone their skills through his film institute.
- He had acted in about 100 films. The cause of death was sepsis with multi-organ dysfunction.