Daily Current Affairs 01 August 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 01 August 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, Ibps, Sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the daily current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 01 August 2019
- President Ram Nath Kovind has announced an assistance of USD 500,000 to Gambia to support skill development and cottage industry projects in the West African country.
- Kovind was in Banjul during his second leg visit to three West African nations, where he held delegation-level talks with his Gambian counterpart President Adama Barrow.
- He is the first Indian President to make a state visit to the Gambia.
52nd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting Begins in Bangkok
- The 52nd edition of the ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (AMM)/ Post Ministerial Conferences (PMCs) and Related Meetings began in Bangkok, Thailand on July 30, 2019 and the event will conclude on August 3, 2019.
- The meeting will discuss progress of ASEAN based on Thailand’s Chairmanship theme of “Advancing Partnership for Sustainability”
- The meeting is being attended by Foreign Ministers and representatives from more than 30 countries including Dialogue Partners, Sectoral Dialogue Partners, Development Partners and Guest of the Chair.
- The meeting will also discuss preparations for the 35th ASEAN Summit, which will be held in November 2019.
4th South Asian Speaker’s Summit to be held in Maldives
- The 4th South Asian Speaker’s Summit will be held in Male, Maldives on September 01 and 02, 2019.
- The theme of the event is “Achieving Sustainable Development Goals”. A parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will represent India.
- It will be jointly organised by Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and the Maldivian Parliament. IPU HQ- Geneva, Switzerland
Centre Constitutes National Traders’ Welfare Board to Help Small Traders
- The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has announced the constitution of a National Traders’ Welfare Board to identify policy measures for the traders and their employees.
- The board will be responsible for:
- Identifying ways of improving access to funds,
- suggest measures to simplify acts and rules applicable to traders,
- make recommendations to reduce the compliance burden of traders
- ensure social security benefits such as insurance, pension, and healthcare for traders and their employees among others.
- The board will be headed by a joint secretary from the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and will include representatives from other ministries.
Govt to setup KABIL to Ensure Supply of Critical Minerals
- Ministry of Mines will setup Khanij Bidesh India Ltd. (KABIL) that will be a joint venture of three Central Public Sector Enterprises namely, National Aluminium Company Ltd.(NALCO), Hindustan Copper Ltd.(HCL) and Mineral Exploration Company Ltd. (MECL).
- The objective of KABIL is to ensure a consistent supply of critical and strategic minerals to Indian domestic market.
- The equity participation between NALCO, HCL and MECL is in the ratio of 40:30:30.
Rakesh Asthana appointed as interim head of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)
- Rakesh Asthana has been given the additional charge of the post of Director General, Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) for six months.
- Rakesh Asthana is currently serving as Director-General, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
CRISIL revises India’s GDP growth for FY20 to 6.9%
- Global Rating Agency CRISIL has reduced the GDP growth rate prediction for India for FY20 from 7.1% to 6.9%.
- This was published in the report of CRISIL titled ‘Uphill Trek.’. The report mentioned that India’s GDP had grown at an impressive 8.2% in fiscal 2017.
India Post Payments Bank to be converted into Small Finance Bank
- The Postal Department has announced that it will convert its India Post Payments Bank into a small finance bank to a Small Finance Bank.
- The decisions were taken at the annual Heads of Circles Conference held at Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
- IPPB has also set a target to open 1 crore accounts in 100 days.
World Wide Web Day: August 01, 2019
- Every year World Wide Web Day is celebrated on August 01. Tim Berners-Lee developed the World Wide Web in the year 1989 at the CERN centre located in Geneva.