Current Banking Awareness Quiz – Set 08 (Target RBI Grade B Prelims 2019)
Current Banking Awareness Quiz- Our current Banking Awareness Quiz section contains questions framed from the current banking topics that are in news. These questions are framed keeping in mind the upcoming RBI Grade B Prelims Exam.
- What is the e-payments target set (in volume) by Central Government for FY20?
Central Government has increased the target for e-transactions in the financial year ending March 2020 to 45 billion (by volume) from 40 billion.
- Which bank recently sold its 10% stake in GST Network to 13 state governments?
ICICI Bank which had 10% stake in GST Network, has sold its entire 10% stake to 13 state Governments. The stake sale is for aggregate cash consideration of Rs 1 crore.
The bank will transfer 0.14 per cent stake to the Assam government and 0.81 per cent stake to the Telangana government. Besides, it will transfer Goa, Kerala, Manipur, Tripura, West Bengal, Delhi, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh governments 0.82 per cent stake each.
- What is India’s GDP growth rate for FY21 as per Fitch Ratings?
India’s GDP growth rate for FY20 as per Fitch Ratings?- 5.5%
India’s GDP growth rate for FY21 as per Fitch Ratings?- 6.2%
India’s GDP growth rate for FY22 as per Fitch Ratings?- 6.7%
- What is India’s contribution in the global wealth rise in 2019 as per Global Wealth Report published by Credit Suisse Research Institute (CSRI)?
As per the 10th edition of the Global Wealth Report published by Credit Suisse Research Institute (CSRI), the global wealth has risen by $9 trillion to $360 trillion in 2019.
India has made a contribution of $625 billion (nearly 7% of total) to the global wealth.
The US at $4 trillion (45% of total) and China at $1.9 trillion (21% of total) are the top two contributors to global wealth rise.
- What is the interest rate under the 6th tranche of Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2019-20?
Issue price: Rs 3,835.
Issue Price for applying online: Rs 3,785 (discount of Rs 50)
Interest Rate: 4%
- Which country will Dominate Global Growth in 2024 as per Bloomberg?
Bloomberg, based on the data of the International Monetary Fund has named 20 Countries that Will Dominate Global Growth in 2024. China is on top with 28.3% while India is on second with 15.5% share in global growth.
United States is on third with 9.2% share in global growth. The data are based on Purchasing Power Parity.
The share of the remaining 17 countries in the growth is 21.5%. Some are: Indonesia, Russia, Brazil, Germany, Turkey, Japan and Egypt.
- Government has announced not impose charges or Merchant Discount Rate on customers as well as merchants on digital payments made to establishments having a turnover in excess of ________________.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced that system providers will not impose charges or Merchant Discount Rate on customers as well as merchants on digital payments made to establishments having a turnover in excess of Rs 50 crore from November 1.
For this, amendments have been made in the income tax act as well as in the Payment and Settlement Systems Act 2007.
- Who has been elected as the Chairman of Indian Banks Association(IBA) for 2019-20?
- “Team Cashless India” has been launched by which of the following organisation to promote digital payments in India?
Mastercard has launched a campaign named “Team Cashless India” for promoting and giving a boost to digital payments in India.
Indian Cricketer M.S. Dhoni is the brand ambassador of Mastercard and this campaign.
Mastercard will work together with Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT), acquirer banks and finance technology companies to support nominated merchants to deploy digital payments acceptance infrastructure.
- NIRVIK Scheme has been launched by?
The ECGC (Export Credit Gurantee Corporation of India) has launched a new Export Credit Insurance Scheme (ECIS) named NIRVIK (Niryat Rin Vikas Yojna) to enhance loan availability to exporters and also help ease the lending process.
The new ECIS scheme will be in force for a period of 5 years and the Central government has announced to provide support of Rs 8,500 crore to ECGC for the same.