Current Affairs Update 31 July 2018
Current Affairs is an important part for many exams. Be prepared for this section with ByScoop which brings all the important Current Affairs in one place. 31 July 2018.
- Oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has surpassed India’s biggest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) to become the country’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalization as per the data from the BSE for April-June Quarter.
- RIL recorded a market cap of Rs 7.51 trillion compared to TCS which was valued at Rs 7.43 trillion.
- Reliance share price has consistently been trading higher for third consecutive session and rising 6 percent in these sessions due to highest ever profit reported for the June quarter.
- Former West Bengal governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi has been selected for 2018 Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award for promoting communal harmony and peace.
- The award will be presented to Gopalkrishna Gandhi at a special ceremony on August 20 at Jawahar Bhawan. The award, which carries a citation and cash amount of Rs 10 lakh, is given on the occasion of the birthday of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- Former recipients of the award include Mother Teresa, Ustad Bismillah Khan, Mohammed Yunus, Lata Mangeshkar, Sunil Dutt, Dilip Kumar, Kapila Vatsyayan, Teesta Setalvad, Swami Agnivesh, K R Narayanan, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, Muzaffar Ali and Shubha Mudgal.
- The 3rd BRICS Film Festival took place in Durban along with the International Durban Film Festival from 22-27 July.
- Best Film Award: Newton
- Best Actress honour: Bhanita Das for Village Rockstars
- Special Jury Award: Village Rockstars