Current Affairs Update 30 July 2018
Current Affairs is an important part for many exams. Be prepared for this section with ByScoop which brings all the important Current Affairs in one place. 30 July 2018.
- The Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh launched the Meghalaya Milk Mission in Shillong to meet the demand-supply gap in the per capita milk availability in the state.
- The mission will facilitate in achieving the Centre’s goal of doubling farmer’s income by 2022 through promotion of milk business in the state.
- Under the mission, the government has sanctioned project of Rs 215 crores through National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) that will be utilised for various training under dairy farm, chilling centre and purchase of milch animal.
- World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2018 is an annual event held on July 30th to raise awareness of the situation of victims of human trafficking and for the promotion and protection of their rights.
- The World Day against Trafficking in Persons was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly, in its resolution A/RES/68/192 which designated July 30 as the World Day against Trafficking in Persons.
- The theme for 2017 World Day against Trafficking in Persons is ‘Responding to the Trafficking of Children and Young People’
- Sahitya Academy awardee Bengali writer Ramapada Chowdhury passed away. He was 95.
- He has authored famous novels like Kharij, Bari Badle Jay and Abhimanyu. Ramapada Chowdhury had penned several famous literary works such as ‘Pratham Prahar’ (1954), ‘Banpalashir padabali’ (1960), ‘Ekhoni’ (1969) and many more.