Current Affairs Update 24 July 2018
Current Affairs is an important part for many exams. Be prepared for this section with ByScoop which brings all the important Current Affairs in one place. 24 July 2018.
- The 10th BRICS summit will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa from July 25 to July 27.
- Theme for 2018: ‘BRICS in Africa: Collaboration for inclusive growth and shared prosperity in the fourth industrial revolution’.
- Lewis Hamilton (Britain- Mercedes) won the German Grand Prix 2018 after Sebastian Vettel crashed while leading near the end.
- Valtteri Bottas finished second with Kimi Raikkonen taking third place.
- Punjab shot-putter Dhanvir Singh and Kerala 400m hurdler Vishnu Priya set new meet records to win gold medals in their respective events in the 15th National Youth Athletics Championships in Vadodara.
- Dhanvir threw 19.69 metre to erase the earlier meet record of 19.34 m set by Navtejdeep Singh in 2011. The silver medal in the competition was claimed by Adish Ghildiyal of Uttarakhand followed by Aniket Kala of Uttarakhand for bronze.
- In women’s 400 metre hurdles, Priya (Kerala), crossed the finish line in a season-best time of 1:02.52 seconds to erase the previous meet record of 1:02.58 seconds set by P O Sanya in Bambolim in 2015.
- The silver medal went to K Prajna of Karnataka while the bronze went to Jyoshna Sabar of Odisha.
- In women’s 200 metre race, Kerala’s Ancy Sojan won the gold in 24.91 seconds. The silver medal in the competition went to Kirti Bhoite. The bronze medal went to Giridharani of Tamil Nadu.