Current Affairs Quiz 30 November 2019: Based on the Current Affairs and Important News of 30 November 2019 we have framed important current affairs questions for banking and competitive exams. These current affairs quiz questions will be helpful for upcoming competitive exams. Give our online current affairs test every day to be prepared for all Current Affairs Quiz 30 November 2019. Attempt our daily current affairs quiz on our mobile app too.
- What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani in the latest ‘The Real-Time Billionaires List’ of Forbes’?
D) 15thView answerOption C
Explanation: As per the Forbes ‘The Real-Time Billionaires List’ released on November 28, 2019, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani has become the 9th richest person across the globe, having net worth of $60.6 billion. He was ranked at 13th position with $50 billion wealth in March 2019 and made a gain of over $10 billion in just eight months to be placed at 9th position.
- Who has been appointed as the first Chairman of the steering committee of the Code for Responsible Lending (CRL) in micro-credit?
A) H R Khan
B) Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
C) R Gandhi
D) Amitabh KantView answerOption A
Explanation: Shri. H R Khan has been appointed as the first chairman of the steering committee of the Code for Responsible Lending (CRL) in micro-credit. HR Khan is a Former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) and Sa-Dhan had jointly unveiled the ‘Code for Responsible Lending’ (CRL) for the micro-credit industry in September 2019.
- Which country has topped the 2019 Global Diplomacy Index for having most embassies and consulates worldwide?
D) United StatesView answerOption B
Explanation: China has overtaken United States in 2019 Global Diplomacy Index, for having more diplomatic posts across the world than any other country, as per the Australian think tank Lowy Institute. According to the Sydney-based Lowy Institute, China has 276 embassies and consulates worldwide, which is three more than the US.
- Which among these organisations has partnered with Atal Innovation Mission to launch Accelerator Labs in India?
D) UNDPView answerOption D
Explanation: The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has launched the India chapter of its new initiative, Accelerator Labs, to address major issues facing India, including air pollution. The Indian lab has been housed at UNDP India office in New Delhi on November 28, 2019. It will be among the 60 global labs that will find, test and try to scale up innovative solutions that can help combat both climate change and social inequity.
- Name the winner of Jnanpith Award 2019?
A) Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri
B) Shankha Ghosh
C) Amitav Ghosh
D) Krishna SobtiView answerOption A
Explanation: Malayalam poet Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri has won the Jnanpith Award 2019. He is popularly known by the name “Akkitham”.He is the sixth literary personality from Kerala to achieve the Jnanpith Award. This was the 55th edition of the award.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) is conducting the 10th edition of their joint military training (JMT) in which state of India?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) West Bengal
D) AssamView answerOption C
Explanation: The 10th edition of joint military training (JMT) between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) is being held at Kalaikunda Air Force Station, West Bengal from Oct 31 to Dec 12.
- What is the rank of India in the 2019 Global Diplomacy Index?
D) 18View answerOption B
Explanation: India is 12th among the 61 countries with 186 embassies and consulates worldwide.
- Laxminarayan Nayak who died recently at the age of 101 was a veteran ________?
D) Freedom fighterView answerOption D
Explanation: Laxminarayan Nayak, a centenarian freedom fighter and former MP, passed away in Niwari town in Madhya Pradesh due to age-related illness. He was 101.
- Name the wealthiest person of the world according to the Forbes ‘The Real-Time Billionaires List’?
A) Warren Buffett
B) Bill Gates
C) Jeff Bezos
D) Mark ZuckerbergView answerOption C
Explanation: Top 5 wealthiest person in the list are:
- Jeff Bezos – Amazon ($112 billion)
- Bernard Arnault & family – LVMH ($107.2 billion)
- Bill Gates – Microsoft ($107.1 bn)
- Warren Buffett – Berkshire Hathaway ($86.9 billion)
- Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook ($74.9 billion)
- Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is held every year on
A) November 30
B) November 29
C) Last Saturday of November
D) November 28View answerOption A
Explanation: The United Nation recognised Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is held every year on November 30 since 2005.
- Which of these is the first NBFC to list commercial paper on Stock Market?
A) Muthoot Finance
B) Tata Capital
C) Bajaj Finserv
D) Aditya Birla FinanceView answerOption D
Explanation: Aditya Birla Finance becomes first NBFC to list commercial paper on Stock Market
- The deadline for compulsory implementation of FASTags on National Highway Toll Plazas has been extended up to____________
A) December 1
B) December 15
C) December 31
D) December 20View answerOption B
Explanation: Government Extends the date of compulsory implementation of FASTags on National Highway Toll Plazas to 15 December, 2019 from earlier deadline of December 1