Skip to content
Centre Constitutes National Traders’ Welfare Board to Help Small Traders
- The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has announced the constitution of a National Traders’ Welfare Board to identify policy measures for the traders and their employees.
- The board will be responsible for:
- Identifying ways of improving access to funds,
- suggest measures to simplify acts and rules applicable to traders,
- make recommendations to reduce the compliance burden of traders
- ensure social security benefits such as insurance, pension, and healthcare for traders and their employees among others.
- The board will be headed by a joint secretary from the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and will include representatives from other ministries.