- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) has come up with its report titled ‘Women in Prisons’ which aims to build an understanding of the various entitlements of women in prisons, the various issues faced by them and possible methods for resolution of the same.
- The report contains a comprehensive list of 134 recommendations for improving the lives of women under incarceration, addressing a wide range of issues pertaining to pregnancy and childbirth in prison, mental health, legal aid, reintegration in society and their caregiving responsibilities among others.
- Various changes in the National Model Prison Manual 2016 have also been suggested to bring it in line with international standards and norms.
- Name of the report?
- Report launched by which ministry?
- Cabinet Minister of Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD)?- Maneka Sanjay Gandhi