- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has launched the mPassport Seva App on the occasion of the Sixth Passport Seva Divas.
- Until now, applicants had no choice but to apply for the document at passport seva kendras (PSKs) in the areas where they lived and the application could only be made on a laptop or a personal computer.
- The two new schemes – Passport application from anywhere in India, and filling passport application forms from mobile phones have been introduced in the app.
- Ministry of External Affairs has decided to observe the 24th June every year as Passport Seva Divas. It was on this day in 1967 that the Passports Act, 1967 had come into effect.
- Name the app launched for online passport application?
- When is Passport Sewa Divas observed?