Overview of PM Modi’s Visit to Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
- Indian Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, was on a day long visit to Guntur in Andhra Pradesh, Tiruppur in Tamil Nadu and Hubli in Karnataka on February 10, 2019 to unveil several development projects in these States.
- The first destination of PM was in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh followed by Tamil Nadu and Karnataka respectively.
- PM dedicated to the nation
- 1.33 MMT Visakhapatnam Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facility of Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserve Limited (ISPRL).
- ONGC’s Vashishta & S1 development project at Krishna-Godavari (KG) Offshore Basin
- He also laid foundation stone for new terminal of Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd (BPCL) at Krishnapatnam.
- Laid foundation Stone of:
- State-of-the-art, 100- bedded ESIC Hospital, Tiruppur.
- New integrated building at Trichy Airport
- Modernization of Chennai Airport
- PM also inaugurated
- 470-bedded ESIC Hospital Chennai
- BPCL’s Ennore Coastal Terminal
- New Crude Oil Pipeline from Chennai Port to Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited’s (CPCL) Manali Refinery
- Passenger Service for a section of Chennai Metro from AG-DMS Metro station to Washermenpet Metro Station
- During his last leg visit to Karnataka, PM laid the foundation stone of:
- Indian Institute of Technology –Dharwad and Indian Institute of Information Technology –Dharwad.
- Doubling of 18 km long Chikjajur-Mayakonda Section
- Additionally, he dedicated to the nation,
- City Gas Distribution Project at Dharwad
- 1.5 MMT Mangalore Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facility and 2.5 MMT Padur SPR facility of ISPRL.
- Commencement of electrification work of 346 km long Hospet-Hubli-Vasco da Gama line.
- He also witnessed the E-Griha Pravesh of 2384 houses constructed under PMAY(U) at Dharwad.