First World Pulses Day Observed on February 10
- The United Nations designated first-ever World Pulses Day was held on February 10, 2019.
- The global event aimed at celebrating pulses worldwide and the important contributions it made to sustainable food production after 2016 International Year of Pulses.
- In 2018, the UN General Assembly, in 2018, decided to mark 10 February as World Pulses Day, to keep alive the positive momentum surrounding these healthy, nutritious, protein-rich, nitrogen-fixing legumes after FAO’s successful 2016 International Year of Pulses Campaign.
Points to Remember:
- When is the World Pulses Day observed
- Which year was observed as the International Year of Pulses