Daily Current Affairs 15 April 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 15 April 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 15 April 2019
Important Cabinet Approvals: 15 April 2019
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the following MoUs signed between India with different countries.
- Bolivia – Cooperation in the field of Geology and Mineral Resources and in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy
- Cambodia – Cooperation in the field of Communications
- Denmark – Cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy with focus on Offshore Wind Energy
- Republic of Korea – Issuing jointly Postage Stamp
- Brazil – Cooperation in the area of Biotechnology
Other important approvals include:
- Creation of 1 post of Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Continuation of Phase 4 of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) during the period 2021-2024
- Extension of duration of New Urea Policy-2015 from April 1, 2019 till further orders
India Successfully Test Fires Long-Range Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile “Nirbhay”
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired the long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, off the Odisha coast at 11.44 am on April 15, 2019.
- The state-of-the-art, all-weather Nirbhay cruise missile is the country’s first indigenously designed and developed long-range cruise missile that can be launched from multiple platforms.
- The missile has been developed by Bengaluru-based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a lab under Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- It can carry conventional and nuclear warheads, strike a target among multiple targets and is also equipped with a MEMS-based Inertial Navigation System (INS) and the GPS system.
CBDT sets June 30 deadline to dispose of demonetisation cases
- Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT) has set the deadline of June 30, 2019 for its officials to “dispose of all cases related to demonetisation where assessment is required to be framed”.
World’s first armed amphibious drone boat “Marine Lizard” developed by China
- China has successfully tested the world’s first armed amphibious drone boat and it is named Marine Lizard. It is built by Wuchang Shipbuilding Industry Group under China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC).
- Chinese Military claims that be used in land assault operations and is capable of forming a combat triad with aerial drones and other drone ships.
- The ship/boat is 12-meter-long and has a maximum operation range of 1,200 kms. It can reach a maximum speed of 50 knots and can be remotely controlled via satellites.
UAE to Host Global Artificial Intelligence Summit ‘Ai Everything’
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is going to organise the world’s foremost artificial intelligence summit named “Ai Everything” from April 30-May 1, 2019 in Dubai.
- The two-day event will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre and bring together world leaders to empower global dialogue on the future of government, business and society.
- The inaugural AiE Summit will be hosted by the UAE National Programme for Artificial Intelligence, with the support of International Telecommunication Union, ITU, and the World Intellectual Property Organisation, WIPO, and in strategic partnership with Smart Dubai.
John Moore Wins World Press Photo Of The Year 2019
- American photographer John Moore has won the World Press Photo Of The Year 2019 award for “Crying Girl” image.
- The award winning image shows a Honduran toddler, Yanela Sanchez, who is crying, as she and her mother are taken into custody by U.S. border officials in McAllen, Texas, on June 12, 2018.
- John Moore is a senior staff photographer and special correspondent for Getty Images.
- The annual photo contest is awarded by World Press Photo Foundation which rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism.
Golfer Tiger Woods clinches his 5th Masters at Augusta National
- American professional golfer, Tiger Woods, clinched his fifth Masters and an overall 15th major title, after winning 2019 Masters Tournament held at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia between April 11–14, 2019.
- This was also the first win in over a decade for the 43 year old golf legend, after overcoming career-threatening back problems. He last won U.S. Open in 2008.
Harsheel Dani wins Dutch International badminton title
- India’s Harsheel Dani defeated Mads Christophersen of Denmark to win the Dutch International badminton title held in Wateringen, The Netherlands.
- Harsheel Dani had won the Ghana International and was the runner up at Polish International in 2018.