Daily Current Affairs 13 April 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 13 April 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 13 April 2019
Two Welfare Schemes of West Bengal Government Wins UN awards
- The West Bengal government launched schemes named “Utkarsh Bangla” and “Sabooj Sathi” have won the prestigious WSIS awards of the United Nations during the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) held from April 8-12, 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland.
- While the “Utkarsh Bangla” was awarded the topmost prize in Capacity Building category, “Sabooj Sathi” was ranked in the top five as a champion project under ICT application: E-Government category.
- The two projects were selected out of 1062 nominations in 18 different categories.
- The “Utkarsh Bangla” is a skill development scheme to create a pool of skilled candidates who are industry ready.
- Under the “Sabooj Sathi” scheme, bi-cycles are distributed to students between class IX and XII studying in government run and government aided schools and madrashas of the state.
IndusInd Bank launches campaign “#Just25” to celebrate 25 years
- IndusInd Bank has completes its Silver Jubilee i.e 25 years. IndusInd Bank commenced its operation in the year 1994.
- To celebrate the completion of its 25 years IndusInd Bank has launched a multimedia campaign named “#Just25”. The campaign takes inspiration from the 25-year-olds.
Hong Kong Surpasses Japan as World’s Third Largest Stock Market: Bloomberg
- According to data compiled by Bloomberg, Hong Kong’s equity market has overtaken Japan to become the world’s third largest stock market, in the world, behind only to the U.S. and mainland China.
- This means that the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (SEHK), is third-largest stock exchange in terms of market capitalization behind the Tokyo Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- The Hong Kong’s market cap was $5.78 trillion as of April 9, compared with $5.76 trillion for Japan.
BK Nayak appointed as Chair of Health and Safety Committee of FIH
- Bibhu Kalyan Nayak has been appointed as the Chair of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Health and Safety Committee . He is the first Indian to hold this post.
- He hails from Odisha. He has also served as a medical officer of the 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup squad.
Jean Michel Lapin Named new Prime Minister of Haiti
- The President of Haiti, Jovenel Moise, has confirmed the appointment of Jean Michel Lapin as the new Prime Minister of the country.
- Lapin is currently serving as the acting Prime Minister of the nation since March 21, 2019.
- He will be the third head of government under President Moise, ever since the latter came to power in February 2017.
Siachen Day celebrated on April 13, 2019
- 35th Siachen Day – 13 April 2019
- The 35th Siachen Day was celebrated by Siachen Warriors Brigade of Fire & Fury Corps on April 13, 2019.
- Siachen Day is celebrated as on 13 April 1984 the Indian Army secured Bilafond La and other passes on the Saltoro Ridgeline, thus launching “Operation MEGHDOOT”.
- Since then the Siachen Warriors continue to guard the ‘Frozen Frontier’ with tenacity and resolve against all odds.