Daily Current Affairs 10 February 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 10 February 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 10 February 2019
- The United Nations designated first-ever World Pulses Day was held on February 10, 2019.
- The global event aimed at celebrating pulses worldwide and the important contributions it made to sustainable food production after 2016 International Year of Pulses.
- In 2018, the UN General Assembly, in 2018, decided to mark 10 February as World Pulses Day, to keep alive the positive momentum surrounding these healthy, nutritious, protein-rich, nitrogen-fixing legumes after FAO’s successful 2016 International Year of Pulses Campaign.
Famous Bollywood Villain Mahesh Anand Passes Away
- Yesteryear’s noted Bollywood actor, Mahesh Anand, was found dead at his home in Andheri, Mumbai, under mysterious circumstances.
- The 57 year old actor was best known for playing the roles of villain in several Bollywood films in the late 1980s and 1990s.
Renowned French author and cartoonist Tomi Ungerer passed away at 87
- The renowned French cartoonist, author and illustrator Tomi Ungerer passed away at the age of 87 in Ireland.
- He was a lifelong activist who protested against racial segregation, the Vietnam war and the election of US President Donald Trump.
- Tomi Ungerer ha written famous children’s books like The Three Robbers and The Moon Man. He wrote in three languages: English, French and German. He published over 140 books which have been translated into 30 languages.