NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant to Head Transformative Mobility Panel
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will head the Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee of National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage.
- Setting up of the inter-disciplinary National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage was approved by the Union Cabinet on March 7 to promote clean and sustainable mobility initiatives in the country.
- The other members of the Steering Committee will have Secretaries from Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Ministry of Power, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Heavy Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, and Director General, Bureau of Industrial Standards.
- The National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Storage includes
- Phased Manufacturing Programme (PMP) valid for 5 years till 2024 to support setting up of a few large-scale, export-competitive integrated batteries and cell-manufacturing Giga plants in India
- Creation of a PMP valid for 5 years till 2024 to localize production across the entire Electric Vehicles value chain.